Mander Organ Builders Forum

Rss Feed

Arp Schnitger

Guest Geoff McMahon
Does anyone (Moderators?) happen to know if this message board is RSS enabled? I can see useful ways of keeping up with threads through e-mail, but I couldn't see any reference to RSS in the help pages.

Thanks.

RSS comes as standard with versions 2.x of the IPB forum, and the board is now RSS enabled - see orange/white icon at the foot of each page.

We would welcome feedback on how it works for you, as some of the settings may need to be "tweaked".

Moderator, Mander Organs

RSS comes as standard with versions 2.x of the IPB forum, and the board is now RSS enabled - see orange/white icon at the foot of each page.

We would welcome feedback on how it works for you, as some of the settings may need to be "tweaked".

Moderator, Mander Organs

Thank you so much for enabling RSS- much easier to follow the threads now!

:lol:

John,

It's now 2.30pm, and there have been a number of posts since the feed was enabled, but the RSS feed is still showing 12:17 as the most recent item- first post in the Certrco topic. Does the update interval need to be adjusted...? I also notice that of the topics it has posted, it shows only the first post in each topic rather than the latest one- which would be preferable.

Hope this is helpful feedback.

Guest Geoff McMahon
John,

It's now 2.30pm, and there have been a number of posts since the feed was enabled, but the RSS feed is still showing 12:17 as the most recent item- first post in the Certrco topic. Does the update interval need to be adjusted...?

Thank you - at the moment, the script is set to update itself from the server every two hours. This might not be often enough but we wanted to see how much "load" this puts on the server, first.

John,

I also notice that of the topics it has posted, it shows only the first post in each topic rather than the latest one- which would be preferable.

Hope this is helpful feedback.

I will look to see if there is a setting for showing the latest post.

Yes, your feedback is v. helpful.

Moderator, Mander Organs

Please could someone explain the advantage of this - in short words!

Imagine you subscribe to a number of fora and you also have interest in the latest news stories on the BBC and sports news on Sporting Life - you would spend your days flipping your browser through each one to see what looked recent. With RSS, such content can be sent to a RSS feed reader (e.g. RSS Bandit) which then shows you what is new and allows you to easily see everything in one place.

Imagine you subscribe to a number of fora and you also have interest in the latest news stories on the BBC and sports news on Sporting Life - you would spend your days flipping your browser through each one to see what looked recent. With RSS, such content can be sent to a RSS feed reader (e.g. RSS Bandit) which then shows you what is new and allows you to easily see everything in one place.

Oooer - thanks - I will investigate!!

A

With RSS, such content can be sent to a RSS feed reader (e.g. RSS Bandit) which then shows you what is new and allows you to easily see everything in one place.

Google Reader allows you to do the same and is web-based rather than software sitting on a single computer, which may be helpful for those who access the web from a number of different places.

http://www.google.co.uk/reader