Mander Organ Builders Forum

A Present For Musing Muso

Pierre Lauwers

==================

Thanks Pierre.

I'm not quite sure what Rieger-Kloss are up to these days, or even what keeps them afloat, but during the commi years, they were certainly kept very busy.

I know that they're also making quality guitars these days.

Like many well-established companies from the region, I suspect that privatisation and self-sufficiency has taken its toll and created a number of headaches.

What an opus list however!

MM

My word, who's a lucky trucker!!

A

=======================

It's just a bit of a part-time larff mate.

I could well imagine Nigel Kennedy doing much the same thing.

Completely off-topic, but I bet you didn't know that a truck full of prawns is worth more than a medium-size organ, and that if you filled one with boxes of disposable razor-blades, it would cost less to drive the organ at the Albert Hall and crash that?

:unsure:

MM

=======================

It's just a bit of a part-time larff mate.

I could well imagine Nigel Kennedy doing much the same thing.

Completely off-topic, but I bet you didn't know that a truck full of prawns is worth more than a medium-size organ, and that if you filled one with boxes of disposable razor-blades, it would cost less to drive the organ at the Albert Hall and crash that?

:rolleyes:

MM

Excellent reply - informative as ever.

Keep up the good work.

Alistair

(Fellow Bryan Rodwell admirer)

I'm puzzled by the stop-jamb photograph at the foot of the page. Can someone please explain why the stop numbers are engraved so much larger than the names or footages?

Although numbers are usually used to save time when writing registration details in a copy, 69 is a lot quicker to write than Solo Tuba Clarion for instance, I can't think why they are so large. If there wasn't a decent capture system and there were lots of visiting recitalists one could almost see why, but there seems to be a comprehensive capture system. I don't think much to the stop layout - whatever happened to stops ascending in pitch, with the loudest of each pitch being at the bottom?

I wonder what the blank stops do? :rolleyes: