Mander Organ Builders Forum

Banning Banned?

Peter Clark

Guest Geoff McMahon
It looks that way, doesn't it. Pity, I thought it was a bit of harmless fun. :angry:

It was entirely harmless fun, although nothing to do with pipe organs. However, on this already bandwidth-hungry forum, the topic was generating further (but entirely protein-free) traffic, which we pay for. The topic was deleted and nice friendly message sent to Dave Harries (who started the topic).

Hope this explains everything.

Moderator, Mander Organs

It was entirely harmless fun, although nothing to do with pipe organs. However, on this already bandwidth-hungry forum, the topic was generating further (but entirely protein-free) traffic, which we pay for. The topic was deleted and nice friendly message sent to Dave Harries (who started the topic).

Hope this explains everything.

Moderator, Mander Organs

Understandable, then, but still a pity. Thank you for your explanation, and for generously hosting this forum.

Understandable, then, but still a pity. Thank you for your explanation, and for generously hosting this forum.

You are right. It is a pity. I have several of these threads going, although one was not started under the alias I use now.

I started one on a Canadian Public Transport Forum which, at the time of writing this, has had 1417 replies and is 71 pages long. However the one I started on an Australian Transport Forum has had 1676 replies over 68 pages. It would have been fun to see how long the one here would have gone on for. I wonder....

Thanks to those who joined in the one I started on this board though.

Dave

Yeh, it could have been fun! Thanks for starting it Dave.

All you have to do, David, is get a website of your own and a comments page.

Then direct us to it and we can carry on where we left off.

[Thinks: Dave Harries isn't much of an alias if your name is Dave Harries!]

I started one on a Canadian Public Transport Forum which, at the time of writing this, has had 1417 replies and is 71 pages long. However the one I started on an Australian Transport Forum has had 1676 replies over 68 pages. It would have been fun to see how long the one here would have gone on for. I wonder....

I started an innocent thread on another forum nearly 3 years ago (the forum had been down for a rebuild and I happened to be first on when it came back) and it is still running, over 100,000 posts and a 1,000,000 views later! My only claim to fame in the cyberworld! :lol: