Mander Organ Builders Forum

The Poster New Year's Honours List

Peter Clark

Members are invited to nominate members of this forum for a New Year's Honours list in any category they choose.

Most consistantly amusing poster: Musing Muso

Most sensible and pertinent advice giver on legal and copyright matters: Barry Williams

and so on.......

Over to you

Peter

Pierre Lauwers for services to education.

Nigel Allcoat and Adrian Lucas for services to photography

John Pike Mander - apart from services to Organ Building - for putting up with us lot!

AJJ

I know he is a foreigner but, speaking of services to organ building:

Bernard AUBERTAIN

Dave

He is also not a member of this forum - unless of course he writes under a pseudonym.

(Peter Clark originally wrote: 'Members are invited to nominate members of this forum for a New Year's Honours list in any category they choose.')

Members are invited to nominate members of this forum for a New Year's Honours list in any category they choose.

Most consistantly amusing poster: Musing Muso

Most sensible and pertinent advice giver on legal and copyright matters: Barry Williams

and so on.......

Over to you

Peter

=========================

I am moved and even a little overwhelmed by this award (sniff), which I gratefully accept.

There is no justice in this world; a lesson I learned at the tender age of 13. In one week I saved five lives. It was the summer-camp at Humphrey Head, and I was the youngest there. My first rescue took place in Morecambe Bay, when a boy began to sink in the quicksands. I rushed off, found two planks of wood, tied them to my feet, walked back across the sands and hoisted the now waist-deep schoolmate from out of the mire. (If anyone finds a size 7 army-boot in Morecambe Bay; it's probably his). Next day, a boy decided to climb the 150ft cliffs, and freaked-out somewhere near the top. I climbed up the cliff and helped him down; re-assuring him all the way and making sure that he found secure footholds.

Two days after this, a spring tide caught out my brother and two of his friends, and they were quickly isolated on a rapidly diminishing lump of rock by the rising-water. I sprinted a mile, grabbed a rope, sprinted back and hoisted all three across a raging torrent of tidal flow.

Did I get an award? Do I proudly wear the George Medal? Was I received by Her Majesty? Did I make TV appearances and sign autographs?

No, instead I got a cup of tea and what tasted like a ship's biscuit!

:)

MM