Mander Organ Builders Forum

Widor Mass

Ian Ball

Hi. Does anyone know where I might borrow/hire copies of the Widor Mass for 2 choirs/organs? I've inherited a choral society in south west UK intent on doing it and they're having trouble sourcing vocal scores via libraries. Any leads gratefully received.

Thanks

Ian Ball

Hi. Does anyone know where I might borrow/hire copies of the Widor Mass for 2 choirs/organs? I've inherited a choral society in south west UK intent on doing it and they're having trouble sourcing vocal scores via libraries. Any leads gratefully received.

We did it a few years ago, and we certainly had hire copies; I wasn't librarian then, but I'll ask my predecessor where they came from.

Paul

By two choirs, do you mean one choir plus men? We did it a few years ago at Ely at the MMA conference, but I have a feeling we all bought copies.

Yes, Messe a deux choeurs et deux orgues Op. 36 (mens' chorus being originally the 200 seminarians attached to St-Sulpice!).

I did it with Swindon Choral Society last year. They used hire copies.

- Supplied the 2nd organ too.

.....and unloaded it, drove the van, set it up, played it, loaded it up again, and took it home again afterward

..........long day!