Mander Organ Builders Forum

Appointments (another One)

andyorgan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Barry Williams

I have heard from unconfirmed sources that Mr Robert Sharpe is going to Truro and that Warwick is appointing Mr T Corns from Bromley Parish Church.

Barry Williams

Guest Barry Williams
I think he means: Robert Sharpe (presently at Truro) is going to be Director of Music at York Minster.

P.

Sorry. It was a long day in court and I am rather tired! Mea culpa. I am pleased to note that the meaning was not occluded by the terminological inaccuracies.

Barry Williams

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Hector5

I note from Jeremy Filsell's website that he is also off across the pond to be organist of the National Shrine Washington DC in August.

Hector

I note from Jeremy Filsell's website that he is also off across the pond to be organist of the National Shrine Washington DC in August.

It's also good to see that last year he successfully completed his PhD on Dupré and I, for one, wish Dr Filsell well in this new chapter of his career. The flow of organists across the pond continues though...

• 1 month later...
It's also good to see that last year he successfully completed his PhD on Dupré and I, for one, wish Dr Filsell well in this new chapter of his career. The flow of organists across the pond continues though...

=============================

I hate being provocative :blink: , but I wonder if anyone can tell me if the flow of organists out of the country during the current reformation, is any greater or lesser than the last time around?

Sadly, the clergy seem to be entrenched.

MM

=============================

I hate being provocative :blink: , but I wonder if anyone can tell me if the flow of organists out of the country during the current reformation, is any greater or lesser than the last time around?

Sadly, the clergy seem to be entrenched.

MM

I'm not sure what news you are awaiting from All Saints' Margaret Street. Perhaps this refers to the appointment of the new Associate Director of Music to replace Andrew Arthur? That appointment was annouced several weeks ago and, per their Parish Magazine is Henry Parkes.

Malcolm Kemp

Greater. I can't think of any cases of organists leaving the country during the last Reformation. Peter Philips left well into Elizabeth's reign by which time the Reformation was a fait accompli (if a decidedly uncomfortable one for the Catholics).

Bull's departure wasn't until 1613 and had nothing to do with religion - he fled for altogether more lurid reasons.