Mander Organ Builders Forum

Archiving Cassette Recordings To Cd

headcase

I have many old cassette recordings of organ music that have a good deal of sentimental value to me, so I was delighted to discover a useful bit of software that can be used to transfer them to CD.

The software is available in a fully-working trial version (which gives 14 days unlimited use) at

www.polderbits.com

It is incredibly easy to use. I made a successful transfer within minutes of downloading the software. One needs to be able to connect a cassette recorder (or other device) line-out into the PC soundcard line-in socket. The recording is made first onto the computer hard-disk and can then be burnt onto CD, in a variety of formats including SACD.

The website above has some good FAQ's and accurate, helpful tips about the connecting lead needed.

Fantastic - I'm off to burn some more CD's !

H

You can also do this in a slightly more round about way using 'Audacity'. Connect the tape player to your PC input - play and record onto Audacity then create MP3/WAV and burn disc as normal using your usual set up.

AJJ

I have many old cassette recordings of organ music that have a good deal of sentimental value to me, so I was delighted to discover a useful bit of software that can be used to transfer them to CD.

The software is available in a fully-working trial version (which gives 14 days unlimited use) at

www.polderbits.com

It is incredibly easy to use. I made a successful transfer within minutes of downloading the software. One needs to be able to connect a cassette recorder (or other device) line-out into the PC soundcard line-in socket. The recording is made first onto the computer hard-disk and can then be burnt onto CD, in a variety of formats including SACD.

The website above has some good FAQ's and accurate, helpful tips about the connecting lead needed.

Fantastic - I'm off to burn some more CD's !

H

Hi

For even better results, use an external soundcard - something around the £70 mark or more will outperform the on-board sounds of most computers - even the £30 soundblaster USB job will outperform most laptop's on-board sound.

Every Blessing

Tony