Mander Organ Builders Forum

Recital At Truro Cathedral

Charles Wooler

Dear All,

I am playing this Friday's lunchtime recital at Truro Cathedral (1.10pm). The programme is:

Intrada- Grayston Ives

Pastorale- Cesar Franck

Folktune- Percy Whitlock

Sonata No. 1 in G- Edward Elgar

Apologies for using this board for what appears to be a shameless plug for my recitals- in fact it is not. This is the only message board that I contribute to, and I am still not used to the idea that I feel well acquainted (musically at least) with many on here, but there are only two I would recognise in the street! If anyone on this board goes to the Truro recitals regularly (reading a discussion on another thread suggested to me that this is the case) please pop up and say hi- it would be lovely to be able to put a face to the name (or tag!)

All the best,

Charles

Dear All,

I am playing this Friday's lunchtime recital at Truro Cathedral (1.10pm). The programme is:

Intrada- Grayston Ives

Pastorale- Cesar Franck

Folktune- Percy Whitlock

Sonata No. 1 in G- Edward Elgar

Apologies for using this board for what appears to be a shameless plug for my recitals- in fact it is not. This is the only message board that I contribute to, and I am still not used to the idea that I feel well acquainted (musically at least) with many on here, but there are only two I would recognise in the street! If anyone on this board goes to the Truro recitals regularly (reading a discussion on another thread suggested to me that this is the case) please pop up and say hi- it would be lovely to be able to put a face to the name (or tag!)

All the best,

Charles

Will miss you by a few hours. I'm playing for evensong on Saturday and will be travelling down from Cheltenham on Friday afternoon. Good luck for the recital. I'm very much looking forward to playing the Willis (which I've neither played or heard before) but not looking forward to the journey. Will have to travel back after evensong (which is at 5:30) on Saturday as I've got to be on my usual bench for Sunday morning.

Neil

Good luck, and have fun! :angry:

It's a small world. In June, two of our Board members are giving recitals there, only a week apart. One (no names, no pack drill) is organist at a certain church in the Midlands and, coincidentally, the other (again no names, no pack drill) was a predecessor of his at that church and is playing at Truro the week after.

It's a gorgeous instrument.

Good luck, and have fun! :unsure:

It's a small world. In June, two of our Board members are giving recitals there, only a week apart. One (no names, no pack drill) is organist at a certain church in the Midlands and, coincidentally, the other (again no names, no pack drill) was a predecessor of his at that church and is playing at Truro the week after.

It's a gorgeous instrument.

:)