Mander Organ Builders Forum

Henri Mulet

Guest Cynic

Guest Cynic

Dear Friends,

a while ago, probably in an Off-topic aside, I mentioned that I have copies of a number of Mulet's pieces that have not been seen for quite a while which I am prepared to share. I recorded them all as part of a project with Priory in 1988. A number of you responded, only for me to lose record of your messages - time has passed and (at last) today I had a long dig for them, searching through my stacks!

If your taste is for high-jinks along the lines of Carillon-Sortie or Tu es Petra you will be disappointed. If you'd like highly attractive and thoughtful material, much of it as good as anything written at the time, then these might be for you.

I've scanned them and can e-mail them as pdfs to anyone who sends me their e-mail address for the purpose. Give me a day or two, that's all I beg. I'm up to my elbows in saw-dust and there's more mess calling out to be made just up the yard. If you have anything particularly rare in your collection, I would be most happy to know if you'd be prepared to send pdfs in exchange some time. [Our colleague Orwig has already done this a few times, I owe you, sir!]

The items are as follows:

Sortie Douce (manuals only)

Petit Offertoire (manuals only, totally gorgeous)

Priere

Offertoire Funebre (as heart-rending as a Franck Chorale)

Meditation Religieuse

Offertoire pour la fete du tres-Saint-Rosaire (still in manuscript, never published, written in memory of Lynnwood Farnam).

While all are worth having, if your time is short IMHO Petit Offertoire and Offertoire Funebre are the really special ones that need bringing out and playing more.

Paul -

Many thanks indeed for this.

I think I was the one who started the discussion last year about Mulet and the Esquisses Byzantines, and was on the list of people to whom you - very kindly - offered this unpublished material.

I will attempt to send you an e mail off the board (I am not terribly good at this sort of thing) and would be delighted and grateful to receive the copies.

I would gladly send you any rarities in reply, although I do not really think I have anything that is not in your already comprehensive library !

Kind regards,

Mark B

Guest Cynic

I've sent these scores out today to those who asked for them.

If for any reason someone was expecting them and doesn't find them safely resting in an Inbox in the next hour or so, please PM me and I'll send them again. This technology is as unforgiving as Ann Robinson.... any sort of little slip can result in a no send or non-arrival!

Enjoy, enjoy!

P. (aka Cynic)

PS Anyone else out there in organ-land want free copies of some more-or-less long lost gems? Let me have your e-mail address by PM and I'll send them to you too!

Guest Cynic
You are very good to us all Paul - many thanks in advance!

A

Not a bit of it! This forum has been good to me.

Since I joined, I have obtained countless scores from other members, I have found homes for spare pipework, have rounded up useful bits ( such as 40 spare J.W.Walker stop-keys) and masses of useful advice. This is how it's supposed to work, isn't it?

Ditto! :)

May I also add my own thanks to Paul. This is but one example (albeit a very major example) of the kindness and friendship already shown to me by Board members in the short time I have been a member. I am extremely grateful.

Malcolm Kemp

Hear, hear.

I know that feathers are occasionally ruffled on the board - all part of the fun - but Cynic's generosity is the finest example of the friendly and collegiate spirit of this group.

I have thanked you privately, Paul, but can I take this opportunity to record my thanks again in the open forum of the board.

M

May I add my name to theirs thanking Paul. Having had the pleasure of meeting Paul, and hearing him play, can I just say that this kind of act is the very essense of what this discussion board (Jane incidentally insists on calling it a "chat rioom" :) ) is about and that Paul has exemplified this.

Peter

Guest Cynic
May I add my name to theirs thanking Paul. Having had the pleasure of meeting Paul, and hearing him play, can I just say that this kind of act is the very essense of what this discussion board (Jane incidentally insists on calling it a "chat rioom" :) ) is about and that Paul has exemplified this.

Peter

It looks as if I'll need to really stir up trouble now in order to get back onto an even keel. I appreciate everyone's kind comments, but please don't thank or flatter me any more! I am happy to share material I have, and I know many, many others feels the same about their libraries. I am sorry it took so long, but if you saw the state of my organ room/barn/library shelves (plus access to same) you'd probably understand.

Dear Friends,

a while ago, probably in an Off-topic aside, I mentioned that I have copies of a number of Mulet's pieces that have not been seen for quite a while which I am prepared to share. I recorded them all as part of a project with Priory in 1988. A number of you responded, only for me to lose record of your messages - time has passed and (at last) today I had a long dig for them, searching through my stacks!

Dear Paul,

I would be very grateful if you could send me the Mulet scores. I have tried to use the PM system, but have totally failed. I'm just told I don't have permission. So sorry that my request is a bit late and also for using the message board.

I can't resist the thought of a piece which is as heart-rending as a Franck Chorale!

My email address is: sbarber49@ntlworld.com

Thank you,

Stephen Barber

How do you send a PM?

Dear Paul,

I would be very grateful if you could send me the Mulet scores. I have tried to use the PM system, but have totally failed. I'm just told I don't have permission. So sorry that my request is a bit late and also for using the message board.

I can't resist the thought of a piece which is as heart-rending as a Franck Chorale!

My email address is: sbarber49@ntlworld.com

Thank you,

Stephen Barber

How do you send a PM?

I struggled too! So if it's not too late, Paul could you send them to me too, please? They sound lovely.

Thanks in advance,

P.

paul@paulcarr.co.uk

Thanks for those who told me how to send a message, but it isn't working. I just get "logged out" and told that I don't have permission to send messages. Any advice.

Some forums are setup to prohibit PMs until your public post count reaches a certain figure - I don't know about this one, but it's a possibility.

Paul

Guest Cynic
Some forums are setup to prohibit PMs until your public post count reaches a certain figure - I don't know about this one, but it's a possibility.

Paul

My message storage was full this evening, I've removed a few messages since. With the Mulet Scores and Forum CD Project there's quite a bit come in over the last few days. Hope messages work now. If they don't for you, please post here. I'll try sending some more pdfs out to interested folks tomorrow.

P.

A public thanks, Paul!

This _is_ supposed to be how it works... I've been on several boards and email lists, and for the most part the good (such as this) far outweighs the bad. I'll say this - as I have slogged through getting information for my Organ Symphonie book, numerous kind folk from all across the globe have generously given of their time and sent scores, recordings and contact info for composers and their heirs so I could obtain the information I seek. To this date, NONE would accept any remuneration (although a few composers did ask for me to buy the scores, which is indeed fair).

I have seen and heard music that has never (or rarely) been heard and seen. I have made a host of friends who love the organ and its music. For once, in this sometimes sad and sorry world, this is something that seems to have gone VERY right, and it makes me feel proud to be a part of a worldwide community of organists that try very much to be decent, giving people.

Bravo, Paul!

Guest Cynic
A public thanks, Paul!

This _is_ supposed to be how it works... I've been on several boards and email lists, and for the most part the good (such as this) far outweighs the bad. I'll say this - as I have slogged through getting information for my Organ Symphonie book, numerous kind folk from all across the globe have generously given of their time and sent scores, recordings and contact info for composers and their heirs so I could obtain the information I seek. To this date, NONE would accept any remuneration (although a few composers did ask for me to buy the scores, which is indeed fair).

I have seen and heard music that has never (or rarely) been heard and seen. I have made a host of friends who love the organ and its music. For once, in this sometimes sad and sorry world, this is something that seems to have gone VERY right, and it makes me feel proud to be a part of a worldwide community of organists that try very much to be decent, giving people.

Bravo, Paul!

Aw shucks!

Guest Cynic
My message storage was full this evening, I've removed a few messages since. With the Mulet Scores and Forum CD Project there's quite a bit come in over the last few days. Hope messages work now. If they don't for you, please post here. I'll try sending some more pdfs out to interested folks tomorrow.

P.

Copies now sent. Please allow time for them to arrive - sometimes the speed of light seems terribly slow - maybe it's living in the Frozen North.....maybe it's Internet Providers who give the minimum rather than the maximum attention to the service they actually provide. 'Up to' (as in 'speeds up to..') is the well-worn equivalent of 'From' in the advertising world. Sometimes it takes nearly a full morning for items to come from my wife's computer to mine and we're on the same IP!

Anyway, those of you who are still waiting, please let me know if your pdfs do not arrive. 'Many a slip' (on any type of keyboard, I'm afraid!).

If anyone reading this has not yet asked for copies, I have no problem with more requests for these. Probably the sooner the better, however; you are more likely to get efficient help.

Copies now sent. Please allow time for them to arrive - sometimes the speed of light seems terribly slow - maybe it's living in the Frozen North.....maybe it's Internet Providers who give the minimum rather than the maximum attention to the service they actually provide. 'Up to' (as in 'speeds up to..') is the well-worn equivalent of 'From' in the advertising world. Sometimes it takes nearly a full morning for items to come from my wife's computer to mine and we're on the same IP!

Anyway, those of you who are still waiting, please let me know if your pdfs do not arrive. 'Many a slip' (on any type of keyboard, I'm afraid!).

If anyone reading this has not yet asked for copies, I have no problem with more requests for these. Probably the sooner the better, however; you are more likely to get efficient help.

Mine have just landed safely. :) Many thanks Paul, I'm now thinking hard about anything I might be able to send you in return... :unsure:

Cheers,

P.

Dear Paul,

Thank you so much - I look forward to playing the pieces, which I am currently printing.

I fear I have no music that you could possibly be interested in but if inspiration comes to me I will send you something. I'll have a look for Franck's Chorale No 4 in F sharp minor.

Sorry to use the public board but I get logged out whenever I try to send a PM.

Stephen Barber