Mander Organ Builders Forum

Henri Mulet

Guest Cynic

Guest Hector5
Dear Paul,

Thank you so much - I look forward to playing the pieces, which I am currently printing.

I fear I have no music that you could possibly be interested in but if inspiration comes to me I will send you something. I'll have a look for Franck's Chorale No 4 in F sharp minor.

Sorry to use the public board but I get logged out whenever I try to send a PM.

Stephen Barber

Ah-ha!!!!!!! There is a Chorale No 4 - written by Gerald Hendrie (called Hommage a Cear Franck) and published by Worldwide music publishers (Eric Fletcher). It's a cunning piece and not a pastiche -highly recommended. Also available is a tribute to Dupre as well.

Hector

Ah-ha!!!!!!! There is a Chorale No 4 - written by Gerald Hendrie (called Hommage a Cear Franck) and published by Worldwide music publishers (Eric Fletcher). It's a cunning piece and not a pastiche -highly recommended. Also available is a tribute to Dupre as well.

Hector

Yes, the Toccata and Fugue from Le Tombeau de Marcel Dupré is a fantastic piece. :) It sort of holds a mirror to the Dupré B maj P&F from Op. 7.

John Scott, who it was written for, has recorded it on the Mander at St Ignatius in NY. A Priory recording, well worth getting.

I got the score, eventually from World Wide Music in 2001 - do they have a website (or a computer even) these days. :unsure: I seem to remember having to do it all by post!

Very worth it though, even if it is difficult to play! :blink:

If the 'Franck' Chorale 4 is half as good it will be worth getting...

P.

Yes, the Toccata and Fugue from Le Tombeau de Marcel Dupré is a fantastic piece. :rolleyes: It sort of holds a mirror to the Dupré B maj P&F from Op. 7.

John Scott, who it was written for, has recorded it on the Mander at St Ignatius in NY. A Priory recording, well worth getting.

I got the score, eventually from World Wide Music in 2001 - do they have a website (or a computer even) these days. :unsure: I seem to remember having to do it all by post!

Very worth it though, even if it is difficult to play! :blink:

If the 'Franck' Chorale 4 is half as good it will be worth getting...

P.

Yes they have a website. It's an odd URL:

http://66.70.247.75/index.shtml

I'm certainly tempted by the Homage a Franck piece, but I'm not sure I have the stamina for the "Dupré". Did he write any other organ music worth playing - that is not too difficult (ie. somewhere between Kevin Mayhew and Hakim.) Come to that is there anything else worth trying in the World-wide Catalog(ue)?

Stephen Barber

Yes they have a website. It's an odd URL:

http://66.70.247.75/index.shtml

I'm certainly tempted by the Homage a Franck piece, but I'm not sure I have the stamina for the "Dupré". Did he write any other organ music worth playing - that is not too difficult (ie. somewhere between Kevin Mayhew and Hakim.) Come to that is there anything else worth trying in the World-wide Catalog(ue)?

Stephen Barber

Thanks for the weblink, I'll have a browse. The 'Dupré' work is the only Hendrie I know. And yes, it needs stamina. Also, annoyingly if you leave it alone for a few months it's one of those 'back to square one' pieces the next time you come to play it! :rolleyes:

• 10 years later...

Sorry to bump up an old thread - I was wondering if any members would still have these pieces they would be willing to share with me? My membership pre-dated the offer and I gather that the original poster is no longer a member of this forum.

Many thanks in advance.

Timothy