Mander Organ Builders Forum

Anyone Else Having Trouble Sending Messages?

Those of you who might have expected to be contacted by me about anecdotes might be able to help... I have been thinking I was sending messages about various points of stories, names, ways in which any of you (whose stories are hopefully going into the anecdote book) would like to be referred etc - but discover that the lot I sent over the errr, ummmm, ah, last 2 or so months simply haven't existed..

Can't figure it out at all, and I would suspect my own fault if I hadn't already managed to send and receive messages...

I did note though that at one stage some members had been inadvertently blocked (am sure I didn't do it! well, not deliberately)

So apologies to those who have wondered about my silence, and any help would be appreciated..

cheers

Jenny

Just a thought. Are you absolutely sure they didn't get sent, Jenny? When you send a PM you won't get a copy saved in your outbox unless you tick the box at the bottom of the page that says something like "save a copy of this message". Mind you, if you were expecting replies and didn't get them...

Just a thought. Are you absolutely sure they didn't get sent, Jenny? When you send a PM you won't get a copy saved in your outbox unless you tick the box at the bottom of the page that says something like "save a copy of this message". Mind you, if you were expecting replies and didn't get them...

Yup, am pretty sure I ticked the box. Sent a couple this am. Will try sending you one perhaps. Either it's a glitch or God's trying to tell me something again. *sigh*... Thanks for your feedback anyway!

chirps

J

There is also a second box which says "Track this message." If you tick that and all is well, it appears to indicate if and when your message has been read.

Logically, it's tempting to think that should be a reliable indicator, but, I wonder....?

A related problem - as you know you can only reply or post new messages when logged in. I had written a reply to a topic, and when I went to Preview, I was asked to log in - the message I had written was lost. Has this happened to anyone else?

Peter

A related problem - as you know you can only reply or post new messages when logged in. I had written a reply to a topic, and when I went to Preview, I was asked to log in - the message I had written was lost. Has this happened to anyone else?

Peter

Yes Peter! I'll admit to that! A simple remedy is to use the back button and you will, with luck, find your text still there. I am sufficiently paranoid to copy my messages before trying to send, whereever I try to send them from. Find it has rescued me from numerous frustrating moments.

It's a bit like losing your registrations, isn't it..... and just before a concert... (nope actually, nothing is as bad as that!)

Jenny