Mander Organ Builders Forum

Organ Scholarships

Justadad

Guest drd

'Tis very good indeed. Thanks for posting it. Though the pronunciation in the v/o was a little wayward.

Guest Cynic
'Tis very good indeed. Thanks for posting it. Though the pronunciation in the v/o was a little wayward.

Just a guess, but isn't the voice-over by Daniel Moult?

Guest Cynic
Yes. He's credited at the end.

J

Sorry, didn't last the course to find this out for myself!

It may be obvious to seasoned old tars like us, but we are not the target audience - as you can tell from the fact that it is on the undergraduate admissions page. To teenagers wondering what an organ scholarship is like, what is involved and whether it is something they might aspire to, it could be very informative.

Interesting, but isn't it rather stating the obvious? I'm surprised they feel the need to 'advertise' in this way!

David

Far from it. The fact you don't have to be taking the Music Tripos to be an organ scholar is far from obvious, for example.

Far from it. The fact you don't have to be taking the Music Tripos to be an organ scholar is far from obvious, for example.

That is true. I suppose I think it's the kind of position that if someone was interested in it, they'd know a certain amount already. I'm sure the film is useful.