Mander Organ Builders Forum

Albert Hall Organ Book

Denis O'Connor

I seem to remember that a book about the organ in the Royal Hall was going to be produced. If I remember correctly, it was described as a "coffee table"book.

Preumably it would cover the history of the instrument and the music and musicians associated with it.Is such a book in preparation and, if so, when is it likely to be published.

Guest Geoff McMahon

A book is indeed planned and being worked on by Ian Bell. I am not sure that it is going to be a "coffee table" book though, rather one well researched and for real reading. It is planned to have it published in the late autumn and it is being published by John Brennon of Positif Press. It will be well announced when it is published.

John Pike Mander

I did not mean "coffee table" book in a disparaging way. I meant to convey the impression of a well presented book that one woul be inclined to pick up. When I see the author's name and the publisher's, I know that content will be compelling reading and the quality of the book outstanding as regards the typography,illustrations etc. I look forward to getting a copy.

Denis O'Connor