Mander Organ Builders Forum

A New Dimension To Daquin

Excellent! :D

Now I need visit the gym ever again, and can get on with this whilst pupils play to me! :D

=================================

About thirty years ago, when I was extremely fit, I did something similar to this; thanks to a stray cat which came into church just as I was about to lock up and go home after practising.

What started as enticement, rapidly degenerated into a game, and then a full-blown small-game hunt.

Could I catch that cat? You bet I couldn't!

Eventually, I was leaping over pews, bouncing off stone piers, running around like a mad thing.....still I didn't catch it.

Eventually, I hit upon a good idea.

I opened the door of the church, went to the organ and played very loudly. The cat sat on the font for a little while, but got scared and flattened its ears when I drew the pedal Trombone. It eventually walked off in a huff, briefly looked back and then departed through the open door.

B)

MM

Guest Cynic

Grumpy Old Men and all that....

is it just me, or do others find these actions in a cathedral rather distressing?

What's next? Inviting Banksy in to jazz up the decor?

Grumpy Old Men and all that....

is it just me, or do others find these actions in a cathedral rather distressing?

What's next? Inviting Banksy in to jazz up the decor?

============================

What a good idea!

They could do one of those awful "Changing Rooms" programmes for TV.

"Now come in here....what do you think?"

"Oh gosh! It's just marvellous darling; and those VivienneWestwood altar pieces are just gorgeous"

(Producer/director) "Cut to the kids in long dresses on the cat-walk"

MM

Perhaps this is some new training technique David is using with the choir!

Jonathan B)

=============================

Nah! This is not new.

We had an organist and school choir-master nicknamed "Basher Braithwaite" when I were but a lad. If anyone stepped out of line, he would lose his temper big-style, and everyone ran around church like that, trying to get away.

I kid you not, but this man used to carry around a wooden table-leg with a nail driven through it!

The funny thing is, long after I left school, and long after he retired from teaching, he told me that he never once hit anyone!

:D

Those were the days!

MM