Mander Organ Builders Forum

All You Need To Know About Toasters

davidh

Yes, all that you need to know is here

http://www.speedylook.com/Numerical_Organ.html

The site contains a reasonably competent account of the electronic organ. Unfortunately it appears to have been written in French and put through a poor French-to-English translation program. The following quotes can only give you a flavour of the full content:-

The decomposition of Furrier shows that it is made up only of odd harmonics.

Obviously, these instruments had all the defects of the time: if each play were interesting by itself, the mixtures gave only one vague sound yoghourt.

One can record what one plays on computer thanks to the MIDDAY and, if it is wished, to convert this recording into partition (very practical for immortaliser an improvisation or more modestly to correct itself, to judge acoustics by taking retreat: one can listen oneself to play without playing).

One can play in silence, with a helmet on the ears, which is quite practical not to disturb the neighbors or to work during the night.

And of course, a numerical organ holds the agreement perfectly. Not need to grant the sheers every fifteen days! …

It is enough to include/understand the technology of synthé (a stamp uniformly widespread on the extent of a keyboard) to guess that the principle of the resumptions of a supply, a cymbal or a full play is practically unrealizable there.

And from the link on that page to "Organ" ...

The emergence of daring type-setters like Antoine Tisné, Andre Boucourechliev or György Ligeti, gives a direction and a primacy to the mechanical organ.

Yes, all that you need to know is here

http://www.speedylook.com/Numerical_Organ.html

The site contains a reasonably competent account of the electronic organ. Unfortunately it appears to have been written in French and put through a poor French-to-English translation program. The following quotes can only give you a flavour of the full content:-

The decomposition of Furrier shows that it is made up only of odd harmonics.

Obviously, these instruments had all the defects of the time: if each play were interesting by itself, the mixtures gave only one vague sound yoghourt.

One can record what one plays on computer thanks to the MIDDAY and, if it is wished, to convert this recording into partition (very practical for immortaliser an improvisation or more modestly to correct itself, to judge acoustics by taking retreat: one can listen oneself to play without playing).

One can play in silence, with a helmet on the ears, which is quite practical not to disturb the neighbors or to work during the night.

And of course, a numerical organ holds the agreement perfectly. Not need to grant the sheers every fifteen days! …

It is enough to include/understand the technology of synthé (a stamp uniformly widespread on the extent of a keyboard) to guess that the principle of the resumptions of a supply, a cymbal or a full play is practically unrealizable there.

And from the link on that page to "Organ" ...

The emergence of daring type-setters like Antoine Tisné, Andre Boucourechliev or György Ligeti, gives a direction and a primacy to the mechanical organ.

I not sure what your point is or what your trying to achieve with this post. I can see nothing that adds to the debate as to whether a good "toaster" is ever preferable to a poor pipe organ (I believe this to be the case) and I'm afraid to say that your comments strike me as taking the mickey out of our continental colleagues.