Mander Organ Builders Forum

Baroque Organ Tone

Pierre Lauwers

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alastair - I can only assume that you have partaken of a (hopefully) minute quantity of Lysergic acid diethylamide. I must caution you that side-effects, such as 'flashbacks' can recur for at least ten years....

B)

I've tried all the rest (strong stimulants, a heavy tracker action, electro convulsive therapy, Graham Kendrick Worship Songs, a 'certain' set of Chamades) - it's all that I can find to get me through till Christmas!!!

A B)

No other comment on that one ? Could be interesting, though....Any idea what organ it is ?

No idea about the instrument, but the hymn is Krzyzu swiety, nade wszystko, latin Crux fidels, in german O Du hochheilig Kreuze. The polish hymn book Spiewnik Koscielny (Singing Church) has it under the number 117 with 16 verses. So I'm waiting for another 14 improvisations to make a guess about the organ.

Cheers

tiratutti

No other comment on that one ? Could be interesting, though....Any idea what organ it is ?

Pierre

Pierre, I don't understand your comment. Are you referring to the pieces for which you gave the links? They are being played by an active member of this forum who can surely give us full information.

JC

Pierre, I don't understand your comment. Are you referring to the pieces for which you gave the links? They are being played by an active member of this forum who can surely give us full information.

JC

I am reffering -as the name of this thread implies- to the tones of this organ.

Not the music played, and how it is played. Just the sound of the instrument.

Pierre