Mander Organ Builders Forum

St Pauls Cathedral

DouglasCorr

May I add my thanks also. I have a small photo gallery on my homepage which has 2 shots of the console and 1 long exposure shot of the south case. As the case shot was set up rather rapidly I had to guess the framing but I think I just got the right bits in!

Regards, Oliver.

www.biggestelk.com for the photos.

Very good photos - well done! It looks like someone has left a loaf of fruit cake above the RH jamb....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to add my appreciation for the visit to St Paul’s.

The new reeds, both chorus and tubas are very fine. And certainly fit like a glove to the rest of the organ. Mander’s have done a first class job in matching the new reeds to the Willis organ.

But, I wonder if I am alone in regretting the loss of the old tubas?

We were also lucky to have Michael Broadway present. Michael tunes both the organ in St Paul’s and indeed the RAH organ. Both organs having to be tuned at night.

Thank you too all concerned for an informative and interesting evening.

Alan

It was a loaf - the very same one Simon Johnson was standing holding outside earlier!

Yes, and there's also a shaving mirror to the right of the keyboards. I think that Simon's actually camping out in there.

Anyway, I think you were all fooled, it's not a proper console it's a toaster!

:lol:

DT

I would wish to add my grateful thanks to Simon and John Mander for a fascinating evening. I would have not missed it for anything.

It surely proves that MANDERS are a very competent company, and I applaud them for their work at St Pauls and RAH.

How wonderful, for a change to hear an organ perfectly tuned.

Colin Richell.