Mander Organ Builders Forum

Sowerby Toccata

theov

I'm searching for the score of a Sowerby Toccata. Since Sowerby has apparently written more than one Toccata I've placed a file with the first minute of the piece on the web for identifying: http://members.ziggo.nl/theovis/sowerby.mp3

The piece is played by Cathrine Crozier on a CD-recording (organ Aeolian-Skinner op 1309).

This is NOT the Toccata in the Hinrichsen Series Anthology of Organ Music. Somewhere I read about a Toccata published by H.W.Gray but I cannot find and order it anywhere.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Theo Visser

This is NOT the Toccata in the Hinrichsen Series Anthology of Organ Music. Somewhere I read about a Toccata published by H.W.Gray but I cannot find and order it anywhere.

Hi,

H.W.Gray published this Toccata in "Selected Organ Works by Leo Sowerby, compiled and edited by Dale Tucker". Hope it helps.

Cheers

tiratutti

I can't find this is any of the on-line new or second-hand catalogues I am aware of. Is it still available, please?

I bought it in 1997. Copyright is 1990. Spiral binding, 184 pages, price 34 DM (~17€). It contains

Arioso

Chorale Prelude on "Palisades"

Fanfare

Interlude

Madrigal

Meditation on "Picardy"

Meditaton on "St. Vincent"

Postludium on "Benedictus Es, Domine"

Praeludium on "Benedictus Sit Deus Pater"

Prelude on "Land of Rest"

Prelude on "Malabar"

Prelude on "Sine Nomine"

Requiescat in Pace

The Snow Lay on the Ground

Suite for Organ (Chorale and Fugue, Fantasy for Flute Stops, Air with Variations, March)

Toccata

Whimsical Variations

Cheers

tiratutti

• 4 weeks later...
I'm searching for the score of a Sowerby Toccata. Since Sowerby has apparently written more than one Toccata I've placed a file with the first minute of the piece on the web for identifying: http://members.ziggo.nl/theovis/sowerby.mp3

The piece is played by Cathrine Crozier on a CD-recording (organ Aeolian-Skinner op 1309).

Any help is highly appreciated!

Theo Visser

Sheet Music Plus publish a lot of Sowerby. Go to www.sheetmuisicplus.com