Mander Organ Builders Forum

Buying Music From Overseas Websites

davidh

Can anyone offer any help with a Norwegian company? Unlike a number of sites abroad, there is no English translation. I'm having considerable difficulty with Cantando.com over an album by Takle, which I would like a couple of pieces from. I know there are a number of British organists who play the man's music (Herrick's done a couple on various installments of Organ Fireworks), but a number of British distributors have had difficulties with them, and therefore won't deal with them.

I'm not sure what the problem is (not having dealt with them). From their "catalogue" page it is possible to find many pieces by Takle, and the prices which look horrific in Kroner turn out to be quite reasonable when converted to pounds.

The "export titles" page is in English, and begins, "For customers outside Scandinavia

To order please send an e-mail to order@cantando.com. We accept the moste credit cards, we send all gods after you card has been charged. "

It sounds friendly enough, in spite of the reference to "gods" (Scandinavian ones, I assume).

Is there no one there who can read and reply to emails in English,?

Can anyone offer any help with a Norwegian company? Unlike a number of sites abroad, there is no English translation. I'm having considerable difficulty with Cantando.com over an album by Takle, which I would like a couple of pieces from. I know there are a number of British organists who play the man's music (Herrick's done a couple on various installments of Organ Fireworks), but a number of British distributors have had difficulties with them, and therefore won't deal with them.

Ohhh, tha'ts extremely expensive...

I ordered this one: http://webshop.cantando.com/exo_showDetail...=1&id=C2141

Actually I only enjoyed one or two of these 19 pieces. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

This might not be a goo time to profess my ignorance for the German language, so can you enlighten me as to what the publication is? Are they any good> Of the volume that arrived today, there are only two pieces worth playing IMHO, and even then, one must have chosen the audience carefully.