Mander Organ Builders Forum

St Michael The Archangel, Lyme Regis

Vox Humana

Skrabl have a reputation of doing quality work without being expensive. Apparently, they were at least once chosen as sub-contractor for a substantial new organ in Germany. The organ appeared on Skrabls opus list for a short time, then disappeared again, and the main contractor still has it among his own.

I only know their tonal work from CDs, and found it ok, but not very interesting (but that might be the recordings' fault).

The same could be said of their casework. A Swedish furniture chain comes to mind more often than not.

Best,

Friedrich

Interesting - an eclectic scheme with a vengeance. I wonder what Pierre will make of this....

Skrabl is an excellent builder many others are content to

buy his pipes....

Now as far as the specifications is concerned, it is, once more, a virtually

perfect copy/paste of a 1970 Danion-Gonzalez (F) or Georges Delmotte (BE)

organ.

And as both exist by the tons in France and Belgium, we do have excuses

to prefer something else for new organs...Or used ones!

Pierre

I only know their tonal work from CDs, and found it ok, but not very interesting (but that might be the recordings' fault).

The same could be said of their casework. A Swedish furniture chain comes to mind more often than not.

Best,

Friedrich

Let hope that it lasts as well, and is as well thought out as the majority of the items available from the certain Swedish furniture supplier you mention. After all, it could be worse - MFI (now defunct) comes to mind here!

There is an advert for "Organs Skrabl" in the latest Choir and Organ. They are showing 3 organs completed in the UK (Beaminster 25 stops IIIM; Richard Tanner, Blackburn 5 stops IIM; Andrew Malcolm, Saffron Walden 3 stops IIM). And they are advertising 3 more UK contracts for Lyme Regis 41 stops IIIM; Sacred Heart and St Francis, Frinton on Sea 8 stops IIM; and St Patrick's Huddersfield 20 stops IIM. Their UK representative has been a busy person.

PJW