Mander Organ Builders Forum

Music In Braille

Ronald Bayfield

I have taught myself ordinary Braille and music Braille so that I can transcribe organ music for David Aprahamian Liddle, who helped me to learn how to do it. In addition to David I have helped two other organists, several singers and two composers, for whom I transcribe the other way, from Braille into staff notation. I make no charge for these services.

I am now looking for another sighted organist or pianist to whom I can pass on this skill as I am now 78. He/she must already know ordinary Braille and possess either a Braille machine or a computer. (Programmes which automatically transcribe text are useless for music).

If you are such a person please contact me on ecumorgue@tiscali.co.uk or 01273 416544.

• 2 weeks later...
I have taught myself ordinary Braille and music Braille so that I can transcribe organ music for David Aprahamian Liddle, who helped me to learn how to do it. In addition to David I have helped two other organists, several singers and two composers, for whom I transcribe the other way, from Braille into staff notation. I make no charge for these services.

I am now looking for another sighted organist or pianist to whom I can pass on this skill as I am now 78. He/she must already know ordinary Braille and possess either a Braille machine or a computer. (Programmes which automatically transcribe text are useless for music).

If you are such a person please contact me on ecumorgue@tiscali.co.uk or 01273 416544.

I have had one promising enquiry and have sent him his first lesson. RON BAYFIELD.