Mander Organ Builders Forum

Worcester Cathedral Organ Hack!

At the recent Forum visit to Worcester Alistair mentioned that the new organ is controlled via a wireless network and the router has a unique IP address. That got me thinking, and I couldn't resist rising to the challenge of sleuthing the IP address.

And so after a few sleepless nights I can proudly reveal the IP address that will log you into the Worcester Cathedral organ. From that you just need to hit CONTROL + HOME to switch the blower on, then you can play the notes remotely as follows: pedals 001-030, choir 031-092, great 093-154, swell 154-215, solo 216-277. TO pull out stops you enter the first letter of the manual plus the first and last letter of the stop followed by the rank length, so GOD8 gives you the Great Open Diapason. Oh, and don't forget to turn off the blower using CONTROL + ESC afterwards!

The IP address you need to click to hack into the Worcester organ is HERE.

For obvious reasons I'd strongly discourage you from doing this during a service. Plus I'm not sure that this post is very "legal", so I hope the mods will kindly look away on this occasion and not ban me from the forum!

Contrabombarde

Good one - try the new Diaphone Chorus! :lol:

This you will soon be allowed to do. The reconstitution goes at a good

pace in the Koekelberg's Basilica in Brussels, according to the original

scales I noted in the 70's, along with the others stops.

The opening will take place 2011 with church service and a Recital

with a splendid british choir.

Pierre

Actually it worked fine for me. I have just spent an enjoyable hour recreating some of Cochereau's improvisations from the comfort of my own home.

I hope that the good people of Worcester enjoyed them....

:lol:

This is great! The playback ability so you can hear what you're creating in Worcester Cathedral is simply brilliant. The experience is just like you're there, playing it yourself!

I've now hooked it up to my midi player so I can play all the Demisseaux Etudes on it perfectly now. This is nothing short of a miracle if you've seen me play the organ before - it's like I'm a different player now!! I'm just uploading Sorabji 3 for performance this afternoon... Have no idea what it sounds like but I'm sure I'm about to find out as I play it perfectly first time!

It's a bit unfortunate several players can use it at once. The resulting cacophony right now can probably be heard in Gloucester.

Actually it worked fine for me. I have just spent an enjoyable hour recreating some of Cochereau's improvisations from the comfort of my own home.

I hope that the good people of Worcester enjoyed them....

Much appreciated Sean, thank you, as I drafted yet another defence to a redundancy claim... Just missed the pedal mutations! :lol:

I tried it out, now I find that my hard disk is full as a result of a large amount of older pipework thats been deposited into the Recycle Bin

Awkward case! you certainly need a disk defragmentation and a complete backup.

Mind of the old pipework; the leather on the mouths can easily stall a PC's fan, and

you get an over-heating in a minute. Maybe you'd call a telephone engineer to

sort it out.

Much appreciated Sean, thank you, as I drafted yet another defence to a redundancy claim... Just missed the pedal mutations! :lol:

You are very welcome!

Sorry about the pedal mutations - I did play some harmonics on the Choir 8ft. Flute, but it was not quite the same....

I tried it out, now I find that my hard disk is full as a result of a large amount of older pipework thats been deposited into the Recycle Bin

In which case, you will probably see Pierre (driving a large container lorry) arrive outside your door in the next hour or so.

Despite Contrabombarde's exciting suggestion having been posted on April 1st, the idea is actually not so far-fetched.

Later this year it will be possible to practice on the Salisbury Cathedral Willis in one's own home. This is *not* an April Fool.

Indeed, and having just got the system to which you refer (using the Illinois organ downlaod at the moment), I have a fourth manual (with the appropriate number of pistons) in readinesss. Can't wait - with any luck it should make a marvellous Christmas present from me to me!

Malcolm

Having seen how long the preparation of some large sample sets has taken, I wouldn't be looking for it for this Christmas.

Paul

BM announced initial release planned for Q4 of 2009.