Mander Organ Builders Forum

Proms 2009

handsoff

I've just had a very quick scan of the 2009 Prom schedule.

There is a reasonable amount of organ music this year, albeit including an inordinate amount of Messiaen (again), but with one highlight on the Sunday afternoon in week3. There is also a Bach day later on with Simon Preston playing a goodly set. Saint-Saens No. 3 appears at the end of a Messiaen programme with Olivier Latry doing the honours.

I've just had a very quick scan of the 2009 Prom schedule.

There is a reasonable amount of organ music this year, albeit including an inordinate amount of Messiaen (again), but with one highlight on the Sunday afternoon in week3. There is also a Bach day later on with Simon Preston playing a goodly set. Saint-Saens No. 3 appears at the end of a Messiaen programme with Olivier Latry doing the honours.

Wasn't that last year? :huh:

Alas no Latry this year...

Here's this year's link:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/proms/2009/whatson/

My coat is waiting

Easily done. (perhaps too easily? BBC webmaster please note!)

I dashed back one Sunday to hear David Goode's Prom Concert last year, only to find that the schedule I'd seen it on was from the year before!! Duh. :huh:

Oops! Thank you Ian; I thought it looked familiar but blamed it upon the early hour... I suppose the numbers 2,0,0, & 8 in the heading were the clue :huh:

My coat is waiting

Oh no, have I missed Stockhausen day?

Well the BBC website did have a page to launch the 2009 Proms, but with a link to the 2008 programmes!

Can't say there's much to tempt me into the 400 mile round trip, and 03:30 arrival home afterwards. Shostakovich 8 might.