Mander Organ Builders Forum

Moondog

Peter Clark

Guest Hector5
Did anybody catch the feature on Moondog on yesterday's Today? A recital of his music was held last night:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/today/hi/...000/8075003.stm >

Peter

Thanks for this, it really made my day. I got onto iTunes and downloaded his 'German Album' and also have ordered New Sound of An Old Instrument, which is available from Amazon, also as a download from their MP3 site. Oh, and listen out for the track Pigmy Pig, delightfully dotty. And of course The Art of Canon. The organ stuff is also inspired.

Hector

Guest Hector5

The CDs arrived today:

Rare Material

New Sound of an old instrument

The German Years

H'art Songs

All I can say is I did an impulse buy from Amazon, and the recordings do not dissappoint. On one disc there are songs about Pigmy Pigs, I'm a hophead etc - then on the same disc are movements from The Art of Canon, a wonderfully crafted Prelude and Fugue, and also the extraordinary organ music. This is such fresh stuff to listen to - and even I, the stuffed shirt from Sevenoaks, completely love it!

All I can say, is that I'm toying with the idea of sporting a viking helmet at school!

hector

The CDs arrived today:

Rare Material

New Sound of an old instrument

The German Years

H'art Songs

All I can say is I did an impulse buy from Amazon, and the recordings do not dissappoint. On one disc there are songs about Pigmy Pigs, I'm a hophead etc - then on the same disc are movements from The Art of Canon, a wonderfully crafted Prelude and Fugue, and also the extraordinary organ music. This is such fresh stuff to listen to - and even I, the stuffed shirt from Sevenoaks, completely love it!

All I can say, is that I'm toying with the idea of sporting a viking helmet at school!

hector

What organ - and what organist?

Yours nordically

Odin