Mander Organ Builders Forum

Friends

Peter Clark

On the profile page there is a category called "friends". What does this mean?

There are people here with whom I communicate by e-mail or PM but I am not sure what help it would be to have "friends" in the obviously restricted sense of the word as used on this forum. Indeed I hope that these people are already my friends without my having to declare it publically.

I also hope that there are more here who are my friends but with whom I do not communicate by e-mail or PM. I hope in addition that there are those, many of whom may not yet have joined this forum, and with whom I may or may not in the future communicate by e-mail or PM, but with whom I may in the future claim if not friendship then at least not emnity.

Is there an advantage to this? How does it work?

In sweet innocence

Peter

Guest Geoff McMahon
On the profile page there is a category called "friends". What does this mean? ... Is there an advantage to this? How does it work?

It's the curse of Facebook :rolleyes: It's a feature of this forum's software that suddenly appeared in one of the upgrades. You can play along with adding "friends" to your profile or not, whatever suits you.

Moderator, Mander Organs

It's the curse of Facebook :rolleyes: It's a feature of this forum's software that suddenly appeared in one of the upgrades. You can play along with adding "friends" to your profile or not, whatever suits you.

Moderator, Mander Organs

Thanks John. My post was meant to be in jest as it were but you have clarified the nature of the (friendly) beast!

P

Moderator, Mander Organs

Well, at least this is a Michael Jackson-free zone - so far...

Thank God.