Mander Organ Builders Forum

David Bevan Magnificat

This work seems to be in the current repertoire of sverals cathedral &c., and has been recorded by at least one. Does anyone know who publishes it and whether there are any other settings by him? Where woudl one get copies?

Thanks

Malcolm

This work seems to be in the current repertoire of sverals cathedral &c., and has been recorded by at least one. Does anyone know who publishes it and whether there are any other settings by him? Where woudl one get copies?

Thanks

Malcolm

I play this a week on Saturday in a concert in Merton College, Oxford but have only the continuo part. I wait with great expectation to hear the rest.

N

Is this one of the Bevan family whose father used to be DOM at Downside School perhaps? If so there are quite a few of them still around down here - Rupert plays at the RC church in Bath, Tony does a lot of violin playing locally, Rachel is a noted singer and singing teacher ('taught me for a bit) - one (maybe David) used to be DOM at a RC church in Kensiington or thereabouts - possibly the one under discussion elsewhere here?

A

• 2 weeks later...

I played this last evening within a concert at Merton College, Oxford. A nice, fulsome (part-wise - 8?) setting of the alternate verses with the 8th Tone. Was transposed up a semitone into Bb - so to speak. It states David Bevan b. 1951 in the programme.

Best wishes,

N

Is this one of the Bevan family whose father used to be DOM at Downside School perhaps? If so there are quite a few of them still around down here - Rupert plays at the RC church in Bath, Tony does a lot of violin playing locally, Rachel is a noted singer and singing teacher ('taught me for a bit) - one (maybe David) used to be DOM at a RC church in Kensiington or thereabouts - possibly the one under discussion elsewhere here?

A

There is a David Bevan at St.Thomas More RC church in Chelsea not the one under discussion. He used to be assistant master of music at Westminster cathedral during the seventies.

There is a David Bevan at St.Thomas More RC church in Chelsea not the one under discussion. He used to be assistant master of music at Westminster cathedral during the seventies.

'Sounds like the one I was thinking about.

A

• 12 years later...