Mander Organ Builders Forum

Accolade For The Organ In Rah...

handsoff

I watched part of the TV version of the First Night of the Proms on Friday and amongst a lot of inane chat from Clive Anderson there was a short piece about a new composition by someone called Goldie. The person talking to Goldie, the name of whom I forget, said that the only "thing" he had heard that was louder than Goldie's drum and bass* was the organ in the Royal Albert Hall. This comment was accompanied by a note or two from BWV 565.

I do hope that Mr Mander is delighted with this comparison :blink: .

*I believe that "drum and bass" is the sound usually heard coming from a Renault Clio dressed in a party frock driven by a nodding oaf dressed inter alia in a white baseball cap. Maybe I should buy a subwoofer for my car's hi-fi and drive around behind aforementioned Clio with a recording from the RAH organ blasting out :lol:

Guest Patrick Coleman
*I believe that "drum and bass" is the sound usually heard coming from a Renault Clio dressed in a party frock driven by a nodding oaf dressed inter alia in a white baseball cap. Maybe I should buy a subwoofer fro my car hi-fi and drive around behind aforementioned Clio with a recording from the RAH organ blasting out :blink:

I have been known to do just this - though the recordings are usually from other organs! :lol:

Oh yes, I have done it too; notably whilst waiting for Mrs H in town on a very hot afternoon and playing the Pierre Cochereau recording of Vierne's mass. It caused one or two heads to be turned!

By opening our front door and cranking up the volume on the 'resident of the front room' I once nearly put our (very hospitable and affable) postman in hospital following a near miss on his bike with a parked car.

A