Mander Organ Builders Forum

Organists' Review

Peter Clark

How did subsribers feel about the promotional CD that came with the latest issue? On the whole I liked it. Actualy I thought this one of the better issues for a while. I very much enjoyed resdig the piece on Iberian instruments, having lived in Spain for a while. The article by Rosemary Parrott was both thoughful and thouht provoking. In all, a fine edition of a journal which has seen its ups and downs recently.

Peter

How did subsribers feel about the promotional CD that came with the latest issue? On the whole I liked it. Actualy I thought this one of the better issues for a while. I very much enjoyed resdig the piece on Iberian instruments, having lived in Spain for a while. The article by Rosemary Parrott was both thoughful and thouht provoking. In all, a fine edition of a journal which has seen its ups and downs recently.

Peter

I found the enclosed CD, generally speaking, unfortunate.

The tone and general feel of the issue is certainly improved. May it continue. It had such a wonderful spirit in the Paul Hale days.

The May issue which promised to "look at all things Dutch: people, instruments and players" was a great disappointment, and Sarah Beedle acknowleged that it hadn't turned out as she planned it.

The August issue has a really splendid article about the Iberian organ. Let's hope that at some time in the future something similar will do justice to the organ in the Netherlands.

The May issue which promised to "look at all things Dutch: people, instruments and players" was a great disappointment, and Sarah Beedle acknowleged that it hadn't turned out as she planned it.

The August issue has a really splendid article about the Iberian organ. Let's hope that at some time in the future something similar will do justice to the organ in the Netherlands.

Hi

The CD was interesting - I'll probably give it another listen before it goes on the shelf. Not something that I would have bought - but worth hearing, in my view.

As to the magazine, I've only read about 1/2 so far - I agree that the Spanish organ article is good, and what I've read or glanced at so far seems to be interesting - hopefully the improvement will continue.

Every Blessing

Tony

Well I know we're not allowed to advertise but we are moving in a couple of weeks and I have the complete OR since May 1989 looking for a new home, otherwise they're going in the recycle bin. Free to good home but must be collected or parcel post paid. Also double manual keyboard from an old Victorian organ, bone naturals and black sharps. Not sure which maker. PM if interested.

JE

Yes, slowly improving. The PH article on the new organ at St Ethelreda's was fascinating. However, the Latry interview would have been more effective if it had been conducted by an organist who understands the ND organ and its history.