Mander Organ Builders Forum

The Heavens Are Telling

Davidb

A bit of help please fellow forum members;

In a couple of weeks, for harvest, our choir is doing Haydns' The Heavens are Telling. Whilst I can play the Novello edition reasonably Ok on the piano, i'm finding it difficult to transfer it onto the organ, with a convincing performance. Is there another edition of the score more suitable for the organ? I saw a Mayhew edition once, but I wasn't necessarily looking for anything simpler!

Djb

In a couple of weeks, for harvest, our choir is doing Haydns' The Heavens are Telling. Whilst I can play the Novello edition reasonably Ok on the piano, i'm finding it difficult to transfer it onto the organ, with a convincing performance. Is there another edition of the score more suitable for the organ? I saw a Mayhew edition once, but I wasn't necessarily looking for anything simpler!

Hello,

there is an edition of a genuine organ arrangement from Breitkopf & Härtel, ISMN M-004-30000-8, OB 539 (scroll down).

I don't know if it is simpler.

Cheers

tiratutti

You could try the vocal score from Peters (ed. Temperley) - if memory serves, that has a straightforward yet effective keyboard adaption which I've played on several occasions.