Mander Organ Builders Forum

Michaels Music Service

AJJ

Has anyone used these folk - in the USA? I found some interesting pieces on their website, ordered and had a nice email and refund when they charged too much for postage!

A

Wow! Just looked at the Rhapsody in Blue and it looks good. I played this when I was learning piano but this arrangement looks very programmable.

Peter

Not only have I used them, I've also sent a piece or two Michael's way for reissue - he's a fellow

reprinter of rare scores and a fine fellow - we've had numerous friendly exchanges over the years

about rare organ music.

Michael is passionate about preservingthe original engravings, so his reissues are actually restorations

of the old scores - he scans at high resolution and restores at the pixel level. Scores are then printed

on acid-free quality paper!

It is, IMHO the finest in digital craftsmanship. I applaud his dedication (although I choose to do my reprints

as new typeset scores) he certainly turns out a fine product.

Best,

- G

Has anyone used these folk - in the USA? I found some interesting pieces on their website, ordered and had a nice email and refund when they charged too much for postage!

A

Yes, these come highly recommended. Having had a couple of small bits and pieces, I too was tempted by the Gershwin. I have played the Hollins Overture he publishes for years and have had so many requests on where to get it, and in the last couple of years I've been able to point people in his direction.