Mander Organ Builders Forum

Organs In East Sussex Area?

timothyguntrip

I'll be returning to the UK for a couple of weeks later this year and amongst other things, hope to travel around to visit a few local organs.

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a few interesting instruments worth visiting in the East Sussex/Kent area?

I may also attempt to go and see the Hammerwood Park instrument mentioned on another thread if possible.

Many thanks in advance,

VA

I'll be returning to the UK for a couple of weeks later this year and amongst other things, hope to travel around to visit a few local organs.

Would anyone be able to point me in the direction of a few interesting instruments worth visiting in the East Sussex/Kent area?

I may also attempt to go and see the Hammerwood Park instrument mentioned on another thread if possible.

Many thanks in advance,

VA

How about wandering over to Cardiff?

P

How about wandering over to Cardiff?

P

Having done a quick NPOR search for Cardiff, I'm tempted! There looks to be a great number of fine instruments in the area. Alas, fitting in family visits, etc will probably mean that a trip over there will have to wait for my next visit!

Interesting to note the Haskell basses in the bottom 4 notes of the 16ft Violone at Brasted, Paul. I think I read somewhere that these can be fairly effective for lower pitched string stops to increase promptness of speech - would this be the case, or was it for reasons of space in the chamber?

Tim