Mander Organ Builders Forum

If You Won The Lottery...

Vox Humana

Out of interest, what music were you performing which required you to play in the lowest octave of the G.O. clavier?

Most of it, bearing in mind Hill provided only a Bourdon and Open Diapason at 16 on the pedal. The surge of bass power means that this is all that is necessary for parts to be heard distinctively.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of it, bearing in mind Hill provided only a Bourdon and Open Diapason at 16 on the pedal. The surge of bass power means that this is all that is necessary for parts to be heard distinctively.

Or even 'distinctly', perhaps....

If you mean Saint Martin's, Salisbury, I am not convinced, although I would say that the action is considerably better than when I first played it - and the sound is wonderful. However, I thought that the Pedal foundations were entirely adequate without the recourse of playng very low on the G.O. clavier.

If you refer to a different instrument, I would be interested to see it sometime.

However, I thought that the Pedal foundations were entirely adequate without the recourse of playng very low on the G.O. clavier.

But if you're using Great to Mixture and Trumpet, and weren't using the pedal stops added this century, you'd probably need Great-Pedal.

But if you're using Great to Mixture and Trumpet, and weren't using the pedal stops added this century, you'd probably need Great-Pedal.

Granted - but this was not quite what I had questioned, nor what you originally replied.

However, I think that we are going around in circles, so perhaps we could leave this one here....