Mander Organ Builders Forum

William Mathias Organ Concerto

Jephtha

I wonder whether anyone could point me in the direction of a recording of this work, please? I'm pretty sure it's not commercially available, but perhaps someone has an off-air recording that they would be willing to share with me. As a young lad, I was involved in some of the early performances of the concerto, and met the composer. But I've never heard it since (and can recall tantalizingly little of it).

I'm sure I have a vinyl recording of this concerto - I'll dig out the reference if nobody else has it immediately to hand. Like you, I am unable to find it currently available on CD - surely it must be?

Tony

I wonder whether anyone could point me in the direction of a recording of this work, please? I'm pretty sure it's not commercially available, but perhaps someone has an off-air recording that they would be willing to share with me. As a young lad, I was involved in some of the early performances of the concerto, and met the composer. But I've never heard it since (and can recall tantalizingly little of it).