Mander Organ Builders Forum

Day Of The Triffids

OmegaConsort

Did anyone see this two part film (a remake on the old original) over Christmas? I thought it was very gripping!

Anyway, in part two, the two chaps stumbled upon a convent. There were many external shots of the abbey church and one or two internals.....I couldn't place it at first and am still not sure (there was nothing in the credits).

I have a feeling it might be the Abbey Church of St Cross in Winchester - along with their alms houses.....

Any takers?

Richard

I also wondered where the church was.

Given the carnage that the Triffids were inflicting upon the blind remnants of society, I was mildly amused to see that the church had a fully functioning organ and robed boys choir.

Overall I thought it was a pretty poor show, although Eddie Izzard was rather good

I also wondered where the church was.

Given the carnage that the Triffids were inflicting upon the blind remnants of society, I was mildly amused to see that the church had a fully functioning organ and robed boys choir.

Overall I thought it was a pretty poor show, although Eddie Izzard was rather good

Yes....I spotted the organ working too - and it was not long after they discussed trying to get the electricity working and decided not to!

Yes....I spotted the organ working too - and it was not long after they discussed trying to get the electricity working and decided not to!

It could have been someone jumping up and down on the bellows, I suppose.

Sorry, although I watched it too I have no idea where it is.