Mander Organ Builders Forum

Descants And Last Verses

Martin Cooke

I've realised the error of my ways. I hadn't signed up for a google account, which then allows one to join the group. Now that I have done this I can see the 'browse' button !

I'll upload something from my 'main' pc later, when my snowbound offspring have stopped using it!

H

I make no apology for bringing this topic to the top of the pile but just wanted to make forum members aware that the discussion on setting up a site for members to contribute last verses/descants has resulted in this :

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/last-verse

All credit to Steve Barker for setting this up.

There are already 14 files available for downloading.

This resource could very quickly build up but it does need active support from forum members. Pass the word around to fellow musicians. Best of all, don't sit on your hands, watching the snowflakes fall but upload your own contributions.

You will need to enable a google account and join the group, which takes just a few moments. Files can be uploaded in pdf format and there is free software available, mentioned previously in this thread, which allows you to convert any printable file into a pdf document.

Go on - give it a go !

H

I imagine you can also upload jpgs, which would be helpful for those who have only manuscripts to scan.

Yes - you can upload any file type to the group :rolleyes:

And thanks, headcase, for the promotion! The more people we get using it the better, so do pass it around all your organist and choir director friends. I know that you need to have a google account to upload files, but can anyone confirm whether or not you need to have an account to simply access the files?

I will try and get round to uploading a few more of my own soon!

Steve

Although very simple to upload I found that the wrong file from my computer went and I don't know how to delete them. Sorry! Please delete the first two (Microsoft Word and a PDF for Cross of Jesus). The third version from school days was the one I wanted not a version from Songs of Praise. Many thanks. N

Although very simple to upload I found that the wrong file from my computer went and I don't know how to delete them. Sorry! Please delete the first two (Microsoft Word and a PDF for Cross of Jesus). The third version from school days was the one I wanted not a version from Songs of Praise. Many thanks. N

Oh dear. Although good on my PC it is crazy when uploaded so I have left a Sibelius file as you suggest. Sorry again!

N

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...