Mander Organ Builders Forum

BBC Singers At St Giles Cripplegate This Evening

Guest Geoff McMahon

Guest Geoff McMahon

Tonight's BBC Radio 3 "Performance on 3" comes from St Giles Cripplegate. In tonight's performance, the BBC Singers under David Hill explore some of the repertoire which makes use of two organs in the same building, both in accompanying the singers and in pure organ repertoire. It starts at 7:00pm and full details can be found at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ps427

At least we hope the concert will happen as planned. I have just sent two colleagues to St Giles to investigate a winding problem on the Grand Organ which has developed. I hope it is not a failed electric blower, which might be difficult to sort out by 7:00pm this evening.

John Pike Mander

Guest Geoff McMahon

Did anybody listen? The organs seemed to behave themselves. I found it a most interesting programme and bold to put it on in the UK where most of the music was from elsewhere. I would like to hear the Gabriel Jackson piece again, but was not totally taken by it on the first hearing. I think it could grow on one though.

John

Did anybody listen? The organs seemed to behave themselves. I found it a most interesting programme and bold to put it on in the UK where most of the music was from elsewhere. I would like to hear the Gabriel Jackson piece again, but was not totally taken by it on the first hearing. I think it could grow on one though.

John

Hi

I only heard part of it - plus the interval talk which was quite interesting.

Every Blessing

Tony

Guest Geoff McMahon

You organists are all the same. If it is not just one more stop on the organ that you want, it is just one more piece of music. I am just grateful that *any* music for two choirs and two organs could be heard.

John

John

I have just listened to the concert and thoroughly enjoyed the entire programme. Singers, musicians and organs in fine form - no apparent winding problems in any area !

A