Mander Organ Builders Forum

Bristol Association

Peter Clark

If any members of the Bristol Association read this and are coming to Cardiff on Saturday I look forward to meeting them!

Peter

I am a member - but will not be able to come - shame!

A

The Bristol Association is visiting St Peter's in the morning and then I assume on to other instruments pm.

Peter

I am not a member of the Bristol Assn but know that they are also visiting:

St German's, 3 man William Hill 1885, Willis 1964

St Augustine's 3 man William Hill 1895, HN&B 1967, H&H 2000 and

Trinity Methodist 3 man HN&B 1909, Roger Taylor 2000.

PJW

I am not a member of the Bristol Assn but know that they are also visiting:

St German's, 3 man William Hill 1885, Willis 1964

St Augustine's 3 man William Hill 1895, HN&B 1967, H&H 2000 and

Trinity Methodist 3 man HN&B 1909, Roger Taylor 2000.

PJW

Three fine organs but Trinity Methodist (the one near me) is a fairly ordinary 2-man, unless you mean Conway Road Methodist (which may also be dedicated to the Trinity) which is a fine organ. Come to think of it, lots of Methodist churches seem to be "Trinities"! St German's is a great organ but being acrophobic I cannot play it - the organ is placed south of the sanctuary but the balcony behind the organ bench is very small; the only time I played an (informal) programme Jane had to stand behind me and told me at the end that I was white as a sheet, sweating, shaking and (God bless her) in need or the customary resoratives.

P

Three fine organs but Trinity Methodist (the one near me) is a fairly ordinary 2-man, unless you mean Conway Road Methodist (which may also be dedicated to the Trinity) which is a fine organ. Come to think of it, lots of Methodist churches seem to be "Trinities"! St German's is a great organ but being acrophobic I cannot play it - the organ is placed south of the sanctuary but the balcony behind the organ bench is very small; the only time I played an (informal) programme Jane had to stand behind me and told me at the end that I was white as a sheet, sweating, shaking and (God bless her) in need or the customary resoratives.

P

I assume the Trinity Methodist which the BDOA were visiting was, in fact, the one in Penarth, as they were also visiting St. Augustine's there.

I agree about St. Germans. I only went up into the organ loft once some 30 years ago during a break in rehearsals for a performance of Vivaldi's Gloria when I was in the school choir. I don't generally mind heights, but that one is decidedly unnerving!

S