Mander Organ Builders Forum

Elgar Coronation March Op 65

themythes

Does anyone know whether or not any arrangement for organ or piano exists of Elgar's Coronation March Op 65? Michael Kennedy rates it as less interesting than the Imperial March Opus 32, written for Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee: nevertheless, I think it could be most effective, like so much of Elgar's music, on the organ

I have only recently become aware of this splendid piece would like to add it to my modest repertoire but I can find no suggestion of the written music, in any form, being available on Google. I assume that it has been published in its original orchestration, but there is no sign, as far as I can discern, of this. If there is anyone who would be kind enough to point me in the right direction, assuming that there is one, I would be much obliged.

David Harrison

Does anyone know whether or not any arrangement for organ or piano exists of Elgar's Coronation March Op 65? Michael Kennedy rates it as less interesting than the Imperial March Opus 32, written for Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee: nevertheless, I think it could be most effective, like so much of Elgar's music, on the organ

I have only recently become aware of this splendid piece would like to add it to my modest repertoire but I can find no suggestion of the written music, in any form, being available on Google. I assume that it has been published in its original orchestration, but there is no sign, as far as I can discern, of this. If there is anyone who would be kind enough to point me in the right direction, assuming that there is one, I would be much obliged.

David Harrison

=======================

Yes!

Herbert Brewer (Gloucester) transcribed it for organ.....Novello 1912.

A modern re-print is available from America.

http://michaelsmusicservice.com/music/Elga...ationMarch.html

$10 or so by the looks of it.

MM

=======================

Yes!

Herbert Brewer (Gloucester) transcribed it for organ.....Novello 1912.

A modern re-print is available from America.

http://michaelsmusicservice.com/music/Elga...ationMarch.html

$10 or so by the looks of it.

MM

Many thanks, MM; maybe one day I shall able to to return the compliment!

David Harrison

Many thanks, MM; maybe one day I shall able to to return the compliment!

David Harrison

====================

My pleasure David.

For anyone who wants to find organ-music in the web, I find that the best way is not to start with the word 'Organ' or even the title/composer of the work.

Strart with "sheet music," which triggers most of the retail outlets around the world. Then narrow in with "Organ" THEN the composer, and narrow it further with the principal word of the title.

It's the way search engines work, because going by Composer/Title as the first option, brings up everything, including record reviews, concert listings, DVD's etc etc.

I can't quite remember what I did to get the Coronation March by Elgar, but I think I would have typed, >Sheet Music> Organ> Elgar> Coronation.

The most important thing is to get "Sheet Music" in there first.

MM

====================

My pleasure David.

For anyone who wants to find organ-music in the web, I find that the best way is not to start with the word 'Organ' or even the title/composer of the work.

Strart with "sheet music," which triggers most of the retail outlets around the world. Then narrow in with "Organ" THEN the composer, and narrow it further with the principal word of the title.

It's the way search engines work, because going by Composer/Title as the first option, brings up everything, including record reviews, concert listings, DVD's etc etc.

I can't quite remember what I did to get the Coronation March by Elgar, but I think I would have typed, >Sheet Music> Organ> Elgar> Coronation.

The most important thing is to get "Sheet Music" in there first.

MM

First rate advice from MM; I hope that many others will read, mark, learn and inwardly digest!

David Harrison