Mander Organ Builders Forum

Dr Who (again)!

OmegaConsort

Anyone who saw it tonight would have seen a very nice church near the beginning which was a museum in the programme. There was a short shot looking East, and I think I spied an organ case on the South side, up high.

Anyone any idea which church this is?

Best wishes

Richard

It's Brecon Cathedral – possibly with added reverb!

Did you notice the continuity slip-up? When the Doctor and Amy are walking down the nave and we're looking west - no TARDIS. When they're running back and we're looking east there it is, right in the centre of the nave.

Gary Cole

Did you notice the continuity slip-up? When the Doctor and Amy are walking down the nave and we're looking west - no TARDIS. When they're running back and we're looking east there it is, right in the centre of the nave.

Gary Cole

Well done Gary!!! I was thinking Brecon, but I looked on the Cathedral Website and the nave didnt quite look the same - but looking East, I can now see that it must be! I missed the continuity slip tho!

BTW - we met in Gloucester organ loft around 3 years ago - do you remember?

Richard

Gary Cole

Ah, but I believe the 'chameleon circuit' was probably working intermittently. It may have temporarily disguised itself as a pillar or, possibly, a double open wood!

• 3 weeks later...

There is a major continuity error in the latest episode (The Vampires of Venice). Towards the end when the Signora/Fish activates the weather adjustment device, there is heavy rain falling on Venice but when Rory is attacked by Francesco/Fish, Amy destroyes him/it (the fish thing) by reflecting the sun onto him/it by her compact mirror. How is the sun shining there when rest of Venice is clouded over?

Not a few fans, by the way, have complained about the revamped theme tune.

Not a few fans, by the way, have complained about the revamped theme tune.

============================

I much prefer "The abominable Dr.Phibes"........my kind of organist!

An "Art Deco" classic, with the lead played by Vincent Price (MA rather than Dr.), it is just such a good black comedy

MM