Mander Organ Builders Forum

Spotted metal

ajsphead

I have recently had my learned and received wisdom on the earliest examples of spotted metal pipework, obviously not as we physically see it today, challenged.

I would appreciate some additional comment on region, date, stop and builder, or any one of the four to expand my consideration. I am looking specifically for examples that predate 1850 so I can track development. Examples from both the UK and elsewhere are equally as valid.

Many thanks

AJS

I have recently had my learned and received wisdom on the earliest examples of spotted metal pipework, obviously not as we physically see it today, challenged.

I would appreciate some additional comment on region, date, stop and builder, or any one of the four to expand my consideration. I am looking specifically for examples that predate 1850 so I can track development. Examples from both the UK and elsewhere are equally as valid.

Many thanks

AJS

=====================

As we all wait with eager anticipation, I thought I'd just let you know that my new kitten has a single black spot on its face.

I just had to name it, "Freckle".

:o

MM

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks

AJS

======================

Will you please tell us what you know?

I can't hold my breath much longer, and no-one else has a clue by the looks of it.

MM