Mander Organ Builders Forum

Vuvuzela Chorus

DouglasCorr

==================================

And here is a sneak preview of what this will eventually sound like:-

Just press the little football symbol at moments of high-drama......it adds.....erm....so much.

MM

Brilliant! I nearly fell off my chair :P

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Important announcement for owners of digital virtual pipe organs!

I know that in the normal run of things it's against forum rules to promote digital organs, but I hope the moderators will forgive me this one occasion for promoting:

http://www.samplelogic.com/vuvuzela.html

The VUVUZELA SAMPLE!

Apparently you load it into your j-organ or Hauptwerk-enabled computer, and off you go - your very own, digitally-sampled, vuvuzela stop! A once-in-a-lifetime chance to usurp your very own digital tuba mirabilis!

Clearly some people have far too much time on their hands :P

Important announcement for owners of digital virtual pipe organs!

I know that in the normal run of things it's against forum rules to promote digital organs, but I hope the moderators will forgive me this one occasion for promoting:

http://www.samplelogic.com/vuvuzela.html

The VUVUZELA SAMPLE!

Apparently you load it into your j-organ or Hauptwerk-enabled computer, and off you go - your very own, digitally-sampled, vuvuzela stop! A once-in-a-lifetime chance to usurp your very own digital tuba mirabilis!

Clearly some people have far too much time on their hands :o

Ahhh!!! I thought the hordes were massing for a minute there... :P

Would anyone notice the difference? :P

Whenever I hear the Vuvuzela I now think of England.

It has therefore become the sound which one requires for patriotic services- St George's Day, Founder's Day, Final Term Service and such like.

ENGLAND!

Whenever I hear the Vuvuzela I now think of England.

It has therefore become the sound which one requires for patriotic services- St George's Day, Founder's Day, Final Term Service and such like.

ENGLAND!

I'd think the Vuvuzela would remind you of GERMANY

:P

I'd think the Vuvuzela would remind you of GERMANY

:P

===============================

Only of old German reeds which haven't been tuned for awhile, I think.

BRASILIA! BRASILIA! (Only because they'll probably beat the Nederlands and I have money on this!)

MM

===============================

Only of old German reeds which haven't been tuned for awhile, I think.

BRASILIA! BRASILIA! (Only because they'll probably beat the Nederlands and I have money on this!)

MM

Sorry to hear of your loss (not that I care about football though ...).

;-)

Sorry to hear of your loss (not that I care about football though ...).

;-)

=========================

Humph!

I hope the ice-caps melt and they all drown. The organs will survive on their galleries and stilts.

A fiver is a fiver!! :angry:

MM

Following serious research of the Vuvuzela, which has taken me from Capetown to a take-away curry-shop in Dagenham, I am pleased to announce the unfortunate discovery of a link between the Vuvuzela and the Kazoo.

Clearly, the higher pitch of the Treble Vuvuzela Chromatica, (misnamed in the following link), is an attempt to circumnavigate the difficulties of reaching high-notes with a normal plastic mouth-piece, which can result in serious injury.

As a young lady discovered, the Vuvuzela can cause physical harm.

"Constant blowing has damaged my wind-pipe, and I need to rest" said the pretty young lady from Capetown.

In America, practise has already begun for the next World Cup.

"Next time, God is going to be on our side, and we're taking him with us," stated Dwight Chalmondley Oldsmobile-Carpenter

Junior; a young American football enthusiast who briefly travelled to South Africa to witness the crushing defeat of the American team.

“We think that the Vuvuzela and the Kazoo share a common heritage,” claimed the fresh-faced, enthusiastic Dwight, who places sporting success above everything.

Meanwhile, a leading Vuvuzela scholar and exponent, Mawuenyaga Issa Aondochimba Ifeanyi Chukwu Machumbo, has poured scorn on any possible link between the Vuvuzela and the Kazoo; claiming that the two instruments work on completely different principles, even though they blend perfectly.

"It's a bad idea. The two instruments work differently. One is pure, and the other relies on a paper diaphragm. Only the Americans could do this. It’s like calling a Harmonium a American Organ....it sucks!”

Meanwhile, Lil’ Danny, (a final-year student from Dagenham, who intends to support England at the next World Cup), said, “It don’t matta to us man. An ‘orns an ‘orn mate, innit? Whateva we can get us ‘ands on; we’re like cool ‘bout it. Loud ‘n proud; that's me and da boyz.”

MM

"It's a bad idea. The two instruments work differently. One is pure, and the other relies on a paper diaphragm. Only the Americans could do this. It’s like calling a Harmonium a American Organ....it sucks!”

MM

You're really on form MM!

You're really on form MM!

===========================

Unfortunately, this could run for years; especially since I have discovered a link between the Vuvuzela, the pre-historic Celtic Horn and mountain herdsmen in Switzerland, who fled conflict and jumped the border into a neutral country.

The Aplhorn is really the long, lost Contre Vuvazela, and about as musically attractive.

MM

It would be a wonderfully economical stop: not only would there be no necessity to tune it but, since it would be manufactured with ciphers and runnings already in place, no attempt should be made to rectify these "faults" as it would spoil the true nature of the stop.

Unfortunately, this could run for years; especially since I have discovered a link between the Vuvuzela, the pre-historic Celtic Horn and mountain herdsmen in Switzerland, who fled conflict and jumped the border into a neutral country.

The Aplhorn is really the long, lost Contre Vuvazela, and about as musically attractive.

MM

Even more so, once visited a concert for in the 'Thueringer Orgelsommer' series played on organ AND alphorns (in the Bachkirche Arnstadt); 'simple' music, but sounding really nice (and not only 140dB@1mtr.)

It would be a wonderfully economical stop: not only would there be no necessity to tune it but, since it would be manufactured with ciphers and runnings already in place, no attempt should be made to rectify these "faults" as it would spoil the true nature of the stop.

It would have to be one of the easiest stops to add to any organ I would think. All you need is a direct connection to a reservoir and a block for it to stand on with no pallet etc.

Hmmm, maybe this could be the perfect alternative to a Fanfare Trumpet in the west gallery of my boss's church... :angry:

JA

It would have to be one of the easiest stops to add to any organ I would think. All you need is a direct connection to a reservoir and a block for it to stand on with no pallet etc.

Hmmm, maybe this could be the perfect alternative to a Fanfare Trumpet in the west gallery of my boss's church... :D

JA

Perhaps it is best viewed as a sort of mixture where all the pipes are tuned within a semitone of the nominal note rather than along harmonic principles.

Perhaps it is best viewed as a sort of mixture where all the pipes are tuned within a semitone of the nominal note rather than along harmonic principles.

=======================

Mmmmmmm!

Vuvuzelas, a Polish Mixture or two, a few aliquot ranks and some of those micro-tonal Swedish registers.....that's cuts out the tuning bills, and renders even the worst organist an expert.

This is great management accounting strategy!

MM

Vuvuzela, tuning, in the same sentence. Surely not!

Well, it's all over, and the Vuvuzelas can now be put back on the organs from whence they came.......Espania!

I've heard that they're all going to be renamed "Trompetta Real Madrid."

MM

The oil sill in the Mexico gulf would have been, at least, stopped.

Anyone guess with which thing ? (a thing that deserves the deepest ocean...)

Pierre

Worcester's diaphones ????

....Honestly, I really tried to resist this one ....