Mander Organ Builders Forum

Searching for organ music and publisher of Nemesio Otaño's music

Guest Hector5

Guest Hector5

Can anyone help with Spanish music please. I am trying to find out where I can get sheet music for organ by Nemesio Otaño (1880 - 1956). I've just heard some of his work and am anxious to try and track down the dots.

Hector

Can anyone help with Spanish music please. I am trying to find out where I can get sheet music for organ by Nemesio Otaño (1880 - 1956). I've just heard some of his work and am anxious to try and track down the dots.

Hector

If you send me a PM with your email address I will put you in touch with a friend who is extremely knowledgeable about Spanish organ music and its publishers. (I need an email address so that he can reply, as he is not a member of this list).

Hector

John Henderson's Directory of Composers for Organ (2005) lists several anthologies edited by Otaño, some including work(s) by him, he then says that vol. 5 of his Complete Works is devoted to his organ works.

He lists over 20 works dating from 1914 to 1944 in addition to some he'd already mentioned as being in particular anthologies.

Complete Works vol. 5 was published by Ediciones Mesajero of Bilbao in 1966 and is available through Editorial Alpuerto of Madrid (Tel: +34 91 547 01 90 Fax: +34 91 542 51 21

e-mail editorialalpuerto@eresmas.com)

RAC