Mander Organ Builders Forum

New CD

Ian Ball

Dear friends

Please forgive this piece of blatant self-publicity, but I have recently released a new CD of music on the 18th-century organ of Saint Mary de Lode, Gloucester. Restored by John Budgen in 2004, this is an important part of British organ building heritage and has been superbly captured in this recording by sound engineer (and cathedral organist!) Adrian Lucas.

Available HERE

Warmest wishes

Ian Ball

It's my constant companion in the car at the moment. Ian and a friend from Worcester Cathedral(!) have captured most eloquently some vibrant sounds from 1800 England on this grand tour of music across a few centuries. There is nothing quite so musically serrated than an English Cornet in the Treble and Sesquilatera in the Bass. So much colour, you need sun glasses for the ears. And there is a glorious Stopt Diapason to thoroughly enjoy too. I must add that this is a new departure for some parts of the organ repertoire and not just dinky English works. Be grabbed by Mozart's F minor Fantasia on such an instrument. Boogie in the fast-lane with Gádonyi's Mozart Changes if that's your cup of tea. (I don't drink tea!) Well done Ian and may others rejoice too that we have such a recording celebrating the English organ from this period.

N

Dear friends

Please forgive this piece of blatant self-publicity, but I have recently released a new CD of music on the 18th-century organ of Saint Mary de Lode, Gloucester. Restored by John Budgen in 2004, this is an important part of British organ building heritage and has been superbly captured in this recording by sound engineer (and cathedral organist!) Adrian Lucas.

Available here

Warmest wishes

Ian Ball

Hi Ian,

This item is now listed as sold and no longer available. :ph34r:

I hope you did have more than one copy made!

Hi Ian,

This item is now listed as sold and no longer available. :ph34r:

I hope you did have more than one copy made!

Sorry - Ebay selling novice. All sorted and plenty available! Thanks for the nudge. I'd be grateful, Fiffaro, if you would kindly edit your posting to remove the quote, so that the amended link in my original posting directs people to the right listing. Thank you

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

I have played this CD at least 5 times since it arrived and there is more and more to enjoy each time. It's just a wonderful organ superbly played and I think that

mechanical sounds from the instrument add so much to the ambience of the recording. Brill!

I see from Ebay that Jeremy Filsell has nicked the title for his new disc of Arthur Wills' music...

I have played this CD at least 5 times since it arrived and there is more and more to enjoy each time. It's just a wonderful organ superbly played and I think that

mechanical sounds from the instrument add so much to the ambience of the recording. Brill!

I see from Ebay that Jeremy Filsell has nicked the title for his new disc of Arthur Wills' music...

Thank you. Very kind of you to take the trouble to post this.

Jeremy's wonderful disc with this title came earlier; Christopher Stembridge's before that, I think. As the title comes from poet, Nicholas Brady, and has been used countless times, I don't think I can be sued for 'passing off'!