Mander Organ Builders Forum

Vierne; 24 Pieces

organist32

Hello, I have the Durand edition of Vierne's 24 Pieces, and in Vol 1, No.4 "Epitaphe" bar 33 there is a white space in the right hand 1st beat (it actually looks liake a bad photocopy at this point). There is a slur in the rh that starts just above this space; is there a note missing?

Thanks

Hello, I have the Durand edition of Vierne's 24 Pieces, and in Vol 1, No.4 "Epitaphe" bar 33 there is a white space in the right hand 1st beat (it actually looks liake a bad photocopy at this point). There is a slur in the rh that starts just above this space; is there a note missing?

Thanks

If I've counted correctly, it should be a minim G#.

Graham

Thanks

================

You'd think that Vierne might have spotted it, wouldn't you? :P

MM

PS: There was a Post Office circular entitled "Explaining the new EU driver's regulations." At the bottom of the page, there was a footnote, which read, "This leaflet is available in Braille." That might explain the 1,000,000 missing letters, I expect.

Viernes music contained many misprints both concerning the notes and tempi. There is a good book by Rollin Smith about Vierne that gives some background into Viernes blindness wich was to blame (if you like) these misprints. It might also be rather worth it if one was to cross-check with the new David Sanger edition, where he talks this topic.

I've posted this one here before, but maybe it's helpful (again) for the 24 pieces de fantaisie: Olivier Latry's corrections to the 24 PdF:

http://sydneyorgan.com/Latry1.pdf

Thanks for posting this - very useful, and I guess it only hints at the many hours M. Latry spent on this. I know it's been discussed before without conclusion, but does anyone know of a similar list of corrections for the Pieces en style libre?

Thanks for posting this - very useful, and I guess it only hints at the many hours M. Latry spent on this. I know it's been discussed before without conclusion, but does anyone know of a similar list of corrections for the Pieces en style libre?

A cursory 'google' suggests that there doesn't appear to be such a list. It's also somewhat unlikely in view of the new Carus and Bärenreiter editions (a thread about which appeared here two years ago) which attempt to draw together so many lists of variants.