Mander Organs
cornetdeschats

More repertoire help

Dear all,

Many thanks for the last set of suggestions. Now a new one for you. I've been asked to suggest an easy and fun-to-sing Latin christmas carol. Any suggestions? It would have to be suitable for a whole class - I found that il est ne was a fantastic solution, with the drone 'il est ne, il est ne' for, well, the droners. All suggestions very much appreciated.

C-d-C

Dear all,

Many thanks for the last set of suggestions. Now a new one for you. I've been asked to suggest an easy and fun-to-sing Latin christmas carol. Any suggestions? It would have to be suitable for a whole class - I found that il est ne was a fantastic solution, with the drone 'il est ne, il est ne' for, well, the droners. All suggestions very much appreciated.

C-d-C

Gaudete?

Guest Cynic
Dear all,

C-d-C

Psallite (unigenito) - Praetorius

I have used it in just the way you describe.

[They loved it!]

How about the plainsong Puer Natus (just taught it to my choir in less than half an hour. I described it as "medieval bop"!)?

Peter

What about Jesu Parvule - Donald Swann - two parts in canon with piano accomp - tuneful and fun!

Did you consider "Gaudete" at all? Not only do my Boys love it, I've even found it easy to teach to prospective (i.e. non-singing) boys on Choir Open Days - the refrain sinks in quite quickly, and they can learn some simple Latin as a bonus.