Mander Organ Builders Forum

What's going on at St Mary Abbots?

SinaL

For the past 10 years or so, the old 4 manual Hill organ at St Mary Abbots, Kensington has been out of action, and a small electronic has been in use for some time.

I remember being told a few years ago about a "restoration project", and rebuilding the organ up in the Triforium of the church.

Does anyone know the status of this project, or if the Hill will be put back in working order anytime?

A pipe organ is definately needed in a church of this scale!

For the past 10 years or so, the old 4 manual Hill organ at St Mary Abbots, Kensington has been out of action, and a small electronic has been in use for some time.

I remember being told a few years ago about a "restoration project", and rebuilding the organ up in the Triforium of the church.

Does anyone know the status of this project, or if the Hill will be put back in working order anytime?

A pipe organ is definately needed in a church of this scale!

Isn't this the church that numbers our Prime Minister amongst its congregation?

for the past 10 years they've been using a 2-man Copeman Hart, with some speakers propped up on temporary scaffolding in the north transept. I'd heard that Harrisons were possibly getting involved with it but no more than that. whether that's a simple restoration or (possibly more likely) extensively rebuilding it to 3 manuals in the triforium I don't know...