Mander Organ Builders Forum

Music collection for disposal

DHM

Following a death in the family :D we have to dispose of a large collection of music fairly quickly.

It is mostly piano music (including some duet music) and organ music (the lady in question was a pupil of George Oldroyd).

All the standard concert repertoire is there, and lots more besides. Much of it is old and well-thumbed, but could be of use to a penniless student until they can afford newer copies; a few pieces (particularly some of the piano duets) are virtualy brand-new and untouched.

If any board members are interested, or know of anyone else who might be interested, please PM me.

Douglas.

• 3 weeks later...
Following a death in the family :angry: we have to dispose of a large collection of music fairly quickly.

It is mostly piano music (including some duet music) and organ music (the lady in question was a pupil of George Oldroyd).

All the standard concert repertoire is there, and lots more besides. Much of it is old and well-thumbed, but could be of use to a penniless student until they can afford newer copies; a few pieces (particularly some of the piano duets) are virtualy brand-new and untouched.

If any board members are interested, or know of anyone else who might be interested, please PM me.

Douglas.

Hi, Douglas. Do you still have those music books? I would be interested in organ music, as I'm starting to perform and will need a lot of different pieces. If you could reply and tell the details I would be grateful.

Lucia

Hi, Douglas. Do you still have those music books? I would be interested in organ music, as I'm starting to perform and will need a lot of different pieces. If you could reply and tell the details I would be grateful.

Lucia

Hi Lucia,

Some of it might still be available, but not much. Send me a PM if there are particular pieces you are looking for; there are multiple copies of some items.

Most of the collection is going to two other board members (you know who you are - I haven't forgotten you, and will be in touch again shortly).

Douglas.

Hi Lucia,

Some of it might still be available, but not much. Send me a PM if there are particular pieces you are looking for; there are multiple copies of some items.

Most of the collection is going to two other board members (you know who you are - I haven't forgotten you, and will be in touch again shortly).

Douglas.

Thanks, Douglas, for your reply. I'm not looking for particular pieces, just for any organ music someone could offer. I've bought some already, but books are very expensive, and I can't afford much (full-time student). I like many styles of organ music, so, it doesn't matter. Thank you.

Lucia