Mander Organ Builders Forum

Pipework needing collection/loving new home

Nigel Allcoat

URGENT for immediate FREE disposal/collection.

The interior pipework is fine (and fire-damaged decorated pipes) from Leamington Hastings and some from Chipping Norton. The latter has been seriously let down by a noted organ builder who has promised the church that they would have the pipework and their faculty for restoration of stonework and commencement of work hinged on these ranks leaving the church. They write to me:

Enclosed Choir

Viol d'ochestre; Dolce; 4ft Flauto magico; 2ft Picolo; Clarinet; Vox humana

Swell

Open diapason; Vox celeste (from tenor C); Viol da gamba (full compass); Vox

angelica (full compass)

Note: The bottom two pipes of all unison full-length ranks are mitred

We would be happy for these pipes to go to anyone in the organ-building

profession, for whatever purpose, provided they could take them away

quickly. Failing rapid removal, the early provision of a stack of pipe

trays pending collection could be a possibility.

The pipework from Leamington Hastings is in store at £200 a month and for the church to proceed in getting and purchasing their new pipe organ this needs to be disposed of as quickly as possible as well.

Please concact me if I can help of if you know of somebody who would like some free pipework ( and structure, as in the instrument from Leamington Hastings).

All best wishes,

Nigel

Have LH come to a decision yet? I was there a month ago with my choir- played Hauptwerk for the rededication service- and had some very nice and constructive conversations with Vicar & Churchwardens about their possible plans. They asked my opinion and it seemed to tie in pretty closely to yours!

PM me if you prefer.

Have LH come to a decision yet? I was there a month ago with my choir- played Hauptwerk for the rededication service- and had some very nice and constructive conversations with Vicar & Churchwardens about their possible plans. They asked my opinion and it seemed to tie in pretty closely to yours!

PM me if you prefer.

The church had a vote and no way do they want anything digital. But after £2 million on the building they really only have insurance for the organ plus some more if needed. So nothing new - but a good (and in keeping) 2nd hand is going to be the ticket. The lighting and the restoration is excellent and we shall do our best to install something apposite DV.

I heard of your comments. Good guy!

Hope you thrive amid your stereophonic wonder!

Nigel

The church had a vote and no way do they want anything digital. But after £2 million on the building they really only have insurance for the organ plus some more if needed. So nothing new - but a good (and in keeping) 2nd hand is going to be the ticket. The lighting and the restoration is excellent and we shall do our best to install something apposite DV.

I heard of your comments. Good guy!

Hope you thrive amid your stereophonic wonder!

Nigel

Thanks- much in keeping with what I learned last month, though we had an interesting discussion about ideal location for organ!

When I turned up to check out Church for rededication, decided no way was I going to play the 70s home entertainment organ, so spent 3 hours rigging up HW instead- worked v well indeed for that big service, but hopefully it didn't restoke the embers of the pipe v digital debate (sorry, unfortunate choice of phrase!) We're singing a wedding there in April when I will have to brave the stubby short pedalboard and offset manuals!