Mander Organ Builders Forum

All Saint's Pc, High Wycombe

Guest Lee Blick

Guest Lee Blick

I noticed on the NOPR website, All Saint's PC, High Wycombe is in the care of Manders. I grew up playing and practicing this organ and I am delighted that this firm has taken over maintainence.

I would like to ask John Mander or anyone else who has played the organ what they think of the instrument. Is it due for any overhauls or alterations in the future?

I remember it having lots of tonal resources and a very hefty Tuba. I used to love playing it and the organist at the time let me practice all the time.

See link here:

http://npor.emma.cam.ac.uk/cgi-bin/Rsearch...ec_index=D02052

I noticed on the NOPR website, All Saint's PC, High Wycombe is in the care of Manders.  I grew up playing and practicing this organ and I am delighted that this firm has taken over maintainence.

I would like to ask John Mander or anyone else who has played the organ what they think of the instrument.  Is it due for any overhauls or alterations in the future?

I remember it having lots of tonal resources and a very hefty Tuba.  I used to love playing it and the organist at the time let me practice all the time.

See link here:

http://npor.emma.cam.ac.uk/cgi-bin/Rsearch...ec_index=D02052

Hi

Just a small point - the survey date is 2001 - Mander's may well have been maintaining the organ then, but they may not at present - I don't know. NPOR surveys need to be read with care - especially the survey date! There are some on the system that quote the maintainer as Hill, Norman & Beard or Rushworth & Dreaper, and both firms are no longer in business.

We had stopped displaying the "maintainer" field on the web because of this very problem - I don't know why it's reappeared.

Every Blessing

Tony