Mander Organ Builders Forum

Moderation

Guest drd

Gordon Bennett.

I replied to an earlier thread - which has now been deleted. I had not noticed personal references to to other than the author. It simply seemed a bit of fun.

As a forum owner myself (actually, owner of mutliple fora) I'm aware of the need for moderation, but, honestly, what are the explicit rules here - in all their ramifications?

If this note is offensive, please let me know personally, and I will forever eschew even looking in.

It's interesting that the most recent closed topic has at least got a vague explanation as to why it has been stopped - I never got to see what had originally been written though. A topic I started a while back (admittedly rather silly) disappeared without trace. It would be good if we could have some clarification as to what is and isn't allowed - it just seems that recently there has been rather a lot of intervention. I feel that it would be a good thing if the moderators and contributors had a little more understanding of each other and I certainly wouldn't like to see a repeat of some of the recent troubles.

Guest Geoff McMahon
As a forum owner myself (actually, owner of mutliple fora) I'm aware of the need for moderation, but, honestly, what are the explicit rules here - in all their ramifications?

I refer the honourable gentleman to the Guidelines for Participants (top left, just below "Mander Organs").

This forum is to discuss pipe organs, not the ins and outs of on-line forum moderation.

As an owner of fora, yourself, you will know that - when all is said and done - the forum is Mander Organs' "ball".

Rachel Mawhood

Moderator, Mander Organs

Guest Geoff McMahon
It would be good if we could have some clarification as to what is and isn't allowed - it just seems that recently there has been rather a lot of intervention. I feel that it would be a good thing if the moderators and contributors had a little more understanding of each other

Please read the Guidelines for participants.

Mander Organs' moderation is very "light touch" but when intervention is required, then intervention happens.

It is natural that people should sometimes feel peeved whenever their posts are deleted but Mander Organs has to do whatever is best to keep the whole forum a safe and civilised place to be.

Rachel Mawhood

Moderator, Mander Organs

Guest Geoff McMahon
Oh, absolutely.

Finis.

David, as requested in your PM to Mander Organs of a few minutes ago, I have deleted your profile. Kind regards.

Rachel Mawhood

Moderator, Mander Organs